Insurance??

Black1986Beast

No!! It's NOT A Monte!!!
As some of you may know, I sold the 86 GN that I owned.
I mainly did it so that I could become financially stable and get a more reliable vehicle.
Now I believe I am at the point where I can stand by my words of once again owning a GN. Although this time I'd like it to be an '87 and it also wouldn't be my primary car.
With that said, do any of you have your GNs insured as classic cars or anything special where you only have to pay a few hundred $$$ a year??
My plan is to get my GN hopefully a nice one for around $8000-$8500 and only really drive it in the summer on nice days and things like that.
Do any of you use this kind of insurance?? If so what company is it and how much do you pay? Also what kind of restrictions are there as far as how much you can drive it goes?
Thanks

I looked into the collectors type insurance. EVERY company I talked to wanted to put mileage and usage limits on it so I just stayed with the regular stuff.

I've read some people say that their classic car insurance doesn't have limits but even when I called those companys, they still imposed limits.

Limits they spoke of:
limited mileage per year
only to/into special events (car shows parades etc...)
things like that.

I prefer to drive my car when ever I feel like it. To work, to the store etc....

I have regular insurance through AAA. They recently repaired my car for $6800 without much hassle or trying to junk it. I am older than you but my rate is pretty decent, it works out to about $700 a year if I was to drive it year round. Since I am in the North I drop it to comprehensive fire/theft in the winter and save quite a bit.

Collectors insurance

I'm in NJ and I insured my car with Condon & Skelley (WWW.Condonskelly.com). Full coverage and agreed value of 18000. 230 a year 2500 milage allowed. I also got the collectors NJ inspection. No more going thru inspection. Just have to go to the inspection station every 2 years so they can check the milage( they allow 3000). No cat tinted windows, emmissions it doesn't matter.

Jfh