You can type here any text you want

Insurance?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

MSUGTP

I'm thinking about getting rid of my 2003 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP and was curious about what insurance is like for a GN. Do insurance companies cover the car as it's a Regal or do they know the difference and charge more because it's considered a performance car? After all it's just a 6-banger, how fast could it be? :biggrin:

If you have regular Insurance St Farm, Allstate etc. you'll have a tough time getting what the car is worth. They are going to go by the lowest book value they can find.
You can do a search on Kelley Blue book and NADA classics, and you'll find a pretty wide margins of what the car is worth. The Insurance companies will want to use the lowest.
With that said I do know of local Buick owners here that have had Insurance like St Farm and have gotten what the car was worth. Sometimes you get lucky and get a Buick friendly adjuster.

If the car is not going to be your dailey driver, I recommend classic car coverage. I cover my GN for 15K for $200 a year.

If it is going to be your daily driver, I would say St Farm is probably your best bet.
I am in the rental car business, so I deal with a lot of Isurance companies and St Farm is the easiest to deal with. Just my.02

Back