intake gaskets

big reazon

I have the standard intake gasket for my car the felpro kit dont remember the part number right off hand. But anyways it can with the rubber end seals. Do you turbo guys use those I know on the sbc we would toss the rubber end seals and put a thick bead of rtv. Never got a leak on the sbc when doing it that way but always leaked with the rubber end seals. Now additional specs that may alter my results is my block seems to have been decked was told 12 thousandths but base off of piston depth with stock rotating assembly it has been deck 20 thousandths. My heads have been cleaned up with 5 thousandths removed and I am running rjc head gaskets which claim to crush at I believe 17 thousandths. so in total It would be 34 to 42 thousandths removed from my assembled deck height.

I used them along with a bead of 'The Right Stuff' from Autozone. Also works good on the valve covers, etc.

Yeah buy rtv I meant the right stuff it is all i use to lazy to squeeze regular rtv out lol. So I am going to do my usual no seals thick rtv.

big reazon, with that much difference in deck heighth, you are probably going to have to mill the intake manifold to align with the head flange. There will be an angularity issue. The heads are now closer together than when stock. This is common when changing things up like you have. Lay the manifold on the long block and check the gap at the top and bottom of the flange with a feeler gauge (along the whole head surface). It will be a tapered gap. You can do the Triginometry to determine the needed amount to be milled. You canlay the manifold on the engine with out a gasket to verify that it helps. This would show you that a .025" (about the thickness of the Fel-Pro intake gasket) mill cut will move the intake down "x" amount. You have two choices, though. Mill the intake manifold, or mill the intake flange of the heads. Milling the heads is easier for most machine shops, but there isn't alot of material to work with there. Milling the intake should be done by an highly skilled machinist. I'll let you know the right guy when I drop off your ported heads. I also ditch the end seals and use the Right Stuff, especially after messing with deck heighth.
Here is a good place to read and understand what needs to be done: http://victorylibrary.com/mopar/intake-mill-c.htm
And what some machinists use to do it: http://www.fowlerautomotive.com/Intake_Manifold_Machining.html