You can type here any text you want

Intake water sensors, what are they for?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Nashty

WORLD'S FASTEST ......geo
The one on top of the water crossover by the thermostat - that's the fan on switch right? Does the computer use that or is it an override? (gray plastic part is round and has only one terminal in the middle)

The water temperature sensor that reads for the computer, that's the one that has a little screw on knob to capture the wire eyelet. Correct?

How about the one that has the weatherpack connector and two wire leads in side it. Kinda oval shaped.

Any others?

>>> What does the car require for proper computer operation and fan operation?

I really only have room for three. I'm going to use a FAST and will probably use a switch from the round gray one to control relays for both electric fans. That only leaves one for the computer to read and then one for a tempterature gauge. I'll give up fan control on the FAST as I can get a 176 (on temperature) / 160 (off temperature) from JET.

Thanks,

Roger

The single wire sensor on top of the water passage is indeed the fan switch.

There are two on the front of the water passage. One on the passenger side of the thermostat and one on the driver's side.

The one on the passenger side is a single wire and is the idiot is for the high temp idiot light.

The one on the driver's side is a two wire sensor and is the one the ECM uses to actually measure coolant temp.

Confirming that the sensor at the red arrow is the idiot light high temp coolant sensor. It's the one on the passenger side.

The connector is broken off. I'm thinking I don't need to worry about it. I've got a Scanmaster and monitor coolant temp that way.

Don't know how long it's been that way. In the final stages of installing Champion Irons, roller cam and roller rockers. ;) It may have broken off years ago, or during this mods install.

Attachments

• Unknown Sensor.jpg
    Unknown Sensor.jpg
    653.2 KB · Views: 51
Back