Intercooler damage

DRP

I was backing the car into a parking spot on the beach, when i pulled forward and didn't notice and drove into a 4" curb. The curb hit the intercooler scoop, bending it, and pushing the intercooler into the fan, bending the brackets, and oil filter. Here are some pics... The main area where it's damaged is about 5" long and 1/2" deep. If it pressure tests fine, is this still useable?

IC1jpg.jpg

IC2jpg.jpg

IC3jpg.jpg

IC4jpg.jpg

IC5jpg.jpg

IC6jpg.jpg

IC7jpg.jpg

IC8jpg.jpg

IC9jpg.jpg

Yeah- As long as you're not losing pressure there, the intercooler is usable. You just will have a restriction in flow, and less heat to air transfer, at the bent up sections. You might not even notice the difference in performance, if the capacity of the intercooler was much above your actual horsepower output.

Ouch! Pressure test and if it holds just get a new shroud. Got an intercooler fan if you need one. Took it off when I went to a front mount. Guess that is one more thing in favor of front mounts. Worse you will hurt is the pipes if you hit a parking curb.

I agree with rodman. I feel for you bud, a similar thing happened to me with my old ATR stretch. The I/C fan smashed it and broke the fins off, also the brackets were bent.