Intercooler Identification

Allblackv6

Need help identifying this intercooler. I just picked this up, but don't know much about it.

Attachments

• IMG_1019.HEIC 2.jpeg
    IMG_1019.HEIC 2.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 229
  • IMG_1022.HEIC.jpeg
    IMG_1022.HEIC.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 142
  • IMG_1018.HEIC.jpeg
    IMG_1018.HEIC.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 236
I counted 21 rows. Looks like an old CAS V4. If so, that's a great old SLIC. I can run mid tens with one on only 22 lbs of boost.

Alright cool, I'm going to clean it up and pressure test it. Depending on if it will hold pressure. I'll put it on my Buick and see what it will do. Thanks for the help.

I sent it to california radiator to pressure check it. Wally that works there told me it was leaking from the bottom row, but it is salvageable. Does this thing bolt up like the stock intercooler?

Also, you might not be able to run the front sway bar. I had to remove mine when I installed my stretched slic. Of course that won't make a difference if you only want to drag race it.

Should be ok. I have the CAS V4 and I run the stock sway bar and the triangular SC&C frame brace. No issues.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I've never heard of a stretch interfering with a front sway bar before. That's odd you can run the triange braces too. When I got my chinese Gbody SLIC it interfered with the DS brace (the important one) so I had to leave it off.

I got the bracket and regular shroud when I bought it. I have it installed, the only problems I had were the clearance on the shroud for the sway bar. I took a die grinder and did some grinding on it. Also the arms that brace the frame had to be unbolted to clear the bottom of the intercooler. I made a plate to offset the arms just enough to clear. I didn't know if there were any vendors that sold it.

That makes sense. The swaybar is fairly well located to the frame. Since a SLIC bolts to the engine, it can vary quite a bit relative to the frame due to the condition of the motor mounts.

Saggy body bushings can put the radiator support hitting the shroud too.