You can type here any text you want

Intercooler

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
The best IC for a TTA is an alcohol injection kit.

Aside from that, nobody makes an IC today. The only two I know off where the Dequick front mount, and a couple SLIC from Mease and another source.. those are like hens teeth.

Buick one wont fit due to ground clearance problems.

Even with my Dequick FM.. I would see 190 IAT at 25 PSI boost without alky.

Thanks... I had a BGC stretch and liked it but I want one that at least flows better than stock and has better ground clearance. I plan to get your alky kit too.

Whats the best intercooler for the TTA and where do i get one?

Jim Dunn has made a few. They are a stock location stretch with an adjustable scoop - from the pictures they look pretty darn nice. I talked with a couple guys using them and they seem to like the final results.

Just search turbotransam.com for Jim Dunn and they should come up. I don't know if he has any right now but he'd probably make you one. Good luck!

Aside from that, nobody makes an IC today. The only two I know off where the Dequick front mount, and a couple SLIC from Mease and another source.. those are like hens teeth.

I respectfully agree with Julio. If I knew what I knew now I would have chose the TT chip and Julio's Alcohol kit. Tough combo to beat!

The IC does work and is worth the money. Polished her up and ported the neck. I like grinding on things:p I am using a mixture of 100 low lead/100 unleaded to increase the life of my 02 sensor. What a pain to mix!!!

I would take out the stock IC. Clean the IC , port the neck ,remove the screen and lower the IC scoop. Do a search...

Attachments

• 020.jpg
    020.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 329
  • 010.jpg
    010.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 295
  • 023.jpg
    023.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 287
I respectfully agree with Julio. If I knew what I knew now I would have chose the TT chip and Julio's Alcohol kit. Tough combo to beat!

The IC does work and is worth the money. Polished her up and ported the neck. I like grinding on things:p I am using a mixture of 100 low lead/100 unleaded to increase the life of my 02 sensor. What a pain to mix!!!

I would take out the stock IC. Clean the IC , port the neck ,remove the screen and lower the IC scoop. Do a search...

what do one of these cost??

i saw a tta at jack cottons that had some sorta front mount on it a month ago.he was talking about 1 a year or so ago maybe he actually did.
here is is # ask him 413 789 0531

what do one of these cost??

PM sent. I had to move the tranny lines. The lines went across the bottom 2 or 3 fines. Didn't like the look. I am very picky. All so I had to trim the IC bracket a bit. Lotta fabrication to make it fit right.

Moved the tranny lines down the passenger side, parallel with the DP(3 inches or so from DP). I did not like the way the factory lines zig zagged around and underneath the bottom of the motor anyway.

She gobbles up the air now:p

I respectfully disagree. The alcohol helps cool the charge and the stock intercooler flows plenty well for a stockish TTA. However if you're building a high horse - big turbo car you really need flow. Joe, you may not have seen a huge increase because that wasn't a bottle neck in your car. If you were in the 9's or 10's I'm guessing you'd see a HUGE increase.

I am using a mixture of 100 low lead/100 unleaded to increase the life of my 02 sensor. What a pain to mix!!

Just get a heated 02 from Caspers and don't worry about mixing. Let face it, that stock one will burn out eventually anyways so you might as well just replace it!

I respectfully disagree. The alcohol helps cool the charge and the stock intercooler flows plenty well for a stockish TTA. However if you're building a high horse - big turbo car you really need flow. Joe, you may not have seen a huge increase because that wasn't a bottle neck in your car. If you were in the 9's or 10's I'm guessing you'd see a HUGE increase.

Just get a heated 02 from Caspers and don't worry about mixing. Let face it, that stock one will burn out eventually anyways so you might as well just replace it!

Stock O2 is perfect. A heated is never needed unless you like throwing money down the drain or have a poorly tuned car.

Stock IC on a TTA has been 132 MPH in the 1/4 Rob Crisafulli's TTA. With that being said, a dutt neck and alcohol kit for a mid 10sec car is plenty.

High horse is relative.. an 11 second car doesnt need that much IC. And you wont find many 10 sec TTA's.. and you wont find any 9 second TTA headed ones :D

X2 on the heated O2. I wasted plenty of money on those. The stock 02 lasted longer than the heated ones for me sometimes.

If you run race gas, running an open loop chip is the way to go IMO.

I heard the heated O2's only work good if you remember to turn the key to the ON position and wait 15 seconds before started.

X2 on the heated O2. I wasted plenty of money on those. The stock 02 lasted longer than the heated ones for me sometimes.

I don't know why mine has worked so well then. I bought mine 3 years ago and haven't had a problem :confused:

I don't know why mine has worked so well then. I bought mine 3 years ago and haven't had a problem :confused:

Maybe you got a good one. My last stock one was 8 years old and was still going strong when I took it out. I only ran 110 and 116 octane in the car. I had bad luck with the heated ones. Went through probably 2 a season.

FWIW I modded a BGC stock location intercooler to fit and it has just as much ground clearance as a stock one. Don't be fooled the stock intercooler sucks. I had one with a duttweiler neck and it picked up 4#'s of boost from just an intercooler swap. I am running Razor's kit too though. No 9 sec. TTA headed cars yet would be a better way to put it :biggrin:

Picture025.jpg

Nice IC.

The lip on the neck of the stocker IC causes quite bit of restriction. The lip need to be taken off. When you look down my reducer, you DO NOT not see the lip just the polish neck. Lip causes a waterfall effect as the air travels...

Anyway I would still get the ALKY over an IC because it quenches more heat.

I would do both. People on here sometimes act like you have to pick only one which just doesn't make any sense.

I would do both. People on here sometimes act like you have to pick only one which just doesn't make any sense.

I went with the Big neck stock GN IC and the Alky. I did not want to mess around with fitment issues or racking up a stretch IC on the street. I am happy with the way my car runs. :)

I went with the Big neck stock GN IC and the Alky. I did not want to mess around with fitment issues or racking up a stretch IC on the street. I am happy with the way my car runs. :)

+1 easy, cost and labor effective, bang per buck...

It just depends on your goals I suppose. If you are running a stock motor a dutt neck stock intercooler is a decent choice and there is a lot to be said for how easy it is to use one. I'll admit that most of the other choices are expensive and lots of work because you really have to have a custom made intercooler.

My IATs were around 160-170 running 120-121 MPH in 75 degree weather with a Dutt neck stock IC.

Hopefully other with different ICs can post up some heat numbers so we can get some more perspective.

Back