Interesting results with with Speer Gold Dot 9mm 115gr JHP.

The answer to your questions is to shoot a .45 acp. instead of the 9mm.

~JM~

And why shoot a .45??????? Because I can't find a .46......:D:D

That's correct. All these little bullettes like the 9mm trying to be what their not. A perfect fully expanded 9mm isn't much larger than good ole 45 ball ammo. The 45 ball ammo makes the big hole every time.

~JM~

Gold Dot is a great round in any caliber. When I run a 9, I like to stack 115 GD with 124+p HST.

My carry is a 25 ounce 45 and I have always thought bigger is better. I now would like to have more comfort and better concealment and I may go to a 380. Remember a .22 will kill your ass quick. They do everyday. I like having more rounds also. I shoot well, but have never had to shoot a human being while under duress. It is easy to miss your target. Those extra rounds may come in handy.
The op posted about ammo and I was at a shop the other day and saw 8 rounds of 380 going for $24. It claims to have more knock down power than a 45. How with less powder and lead? I dont know, but its worth researching.
I think the new ammo technology is changing the big caliber carry mentality some. Its got me thinking. ;)

My carry is a 25 ounce 45 and I have always thought bigger is better. I now would like to have more comfort and better concealment and I may go to a 380. Remember a .22 will kill your ass quick. They do everyday. I like having more rounds also. I shoot well, but have never had to shoot a human being while under duress. It is easy to miss your target. Those extra rounds may come in handy.
The op posted about ammo and I was at a shop the other day and saw 8 rounds of 380 going for $24. It claims to have more knock down power than a 45. How with less powder and lead? I dont know, but its worth researching.
I think the new ammo technology is changing the big caliber carry mentality some. Its got me thinking. ;)

The new ammo technology is definitely changing things. 9mm, 380, and .38 are all becoming very popular because of the large # of people that carry so the ammo companies are constantly looking at better SD ammo that is effective.

I recently shot a .380 PPK with some Buffalo Bore ammo. I was shocked at the effectiveness of this ammo. I was shooting at 1 gallon milk jugs filled with water. Most .380 rounds just poke 2 holes through the jug & the water slowly pours out of the holes. The B.B. ammo blasted one of those jugs like a .38 Special/.357 mag. This was the first time I've seen the .380 cause enough hydraulic cavitation to completely open up one of these jugs.
http://www.buffalobore.com/

I will have to redefine my poor opinion on the lowly 9mm due to some of the new pocket guns that have become available lately such as the Diamonback, Kel-Tec & Rugers small 9mm. I recently checked out the Kimber Solo, but it is somewhat heavy & will most likely require a belt & holster to support it properly.

I doubt anything will beat the 45, but there aren't very many pocket pistolas in 45 acp.

~JM~