interior paint too light

ummm yes you can. I did a GN dash in the early 90's to maroon. Still have it no problems. BUT again I delt with a body shop paint supplier. If ya need it darker just add black to it...?
And a little green.

Yes I know it sounds crazy, but when I added to the Kirban stuff, and mixed up my batch by hand, I found myself adding very small amounts of green and other stuff just to get the tint "just right".

Actually, let me take that back. Instead, lets just say I used whatever I had on the shelf and in the draw to get it done.

:ROFLMAO:
And a little green.

Yes I know it sounds crazy, but when I added to the Kirban stuff, and mixed up my batch by hand, I found myself adding very small amounts of green and other stuff just to get the tint "just right".

Actually, let me take that back. Instead, lets just say I used whatever I had on the shelf and in the draw to get it done.

Draw?? :cool: You New Yawk'ahs are too much........:ROFLMAO: better than MassHole's, though......:eek::cool::cool:

Crazy Bastid's.

Last edited:
I'd just pull off the piece of the dash that surrounds the instrument panel and bring it to an auto paint store where they have a machine to read and match the color.

It takes 15 minutes at most to remove it. All that's needed is a 7 and 10 mm socket.

I have had some paint color matched today , gotta go to harbor freight and get me a cheap hvlp paint gun and will check it out , pics to follow

alright I got another glove box for paint matching purposes here's the side by side of the two
one the left is the two cans I bought form vendors and one on right is OEM
IMG_2584.JPG

its starting to sprinkle here so no paint today
I have been trying and trying to get ahold of bob ross for help in getting my paint brushes set up but he's not responding LOL think he is mad at me because I made fun of his afro :p
got my paint gun set up ,even got a pressure regulator for it , its ready to go, I hope the paint eye machine made the correct match !!!!
pics will follow on this !!!

Funny, the one on the left looks to be the correct grey for the interior of a GN and the one on the right looks WAY too dark.

But my eyes old and feeble. are you sure the whole dash in that car wasn't repainted at one time?

well the one on the right is definitely OEM very old and shows its age scratched up and never messed with , my car is very documented and original I have actually been debating replacing one of the original emblems on the trunk bc it has paint missing out the power 6 emblem , but I kinda like it like the grey in my beard now staring in my mullet :p
the other trim such as a pillars and what not might be lighter haven't really checked that with the eagle eye

we will see when I put up to my dash
how can you say that from a picture captndave , order kirbans or g bodies grey interior paint and spray your glove box and see if it matches
if you doubt me try it , stuff is not correct for the glove box
who knows maybe they had different paint mixers on that day but im just doing my best and what my eye sees

I posted pic in page two of the repainted one with paint swatches next to it , my original had a small rust spot on it ,I should have taken a pic of it on the car , it drove me nuts

Here's mine. I'm out at RC's at least a couple of times a month and have never seen one that looks as dark as the one on the right. Maybe it's just the pic.

Attachments

• IMG_1354.JPG
    IMG_1354.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 19
Last edited:
that one looks good cap, I didn't believe how dark the true color is until I got it off the car , ill do more pics when finished up I have one like the one on left in my car now , pic in thread 27 on page two you can see how light it looks when in the car

Funny, the one on the left looks to be the correct grey for the interior of a GN and the one on the right looks WAY too dark.

But my eyes old and feeble. are you sure the whole dash in that car wasn't repainted at one time?
I have to agree with the one on the left also. Mine looks way more like that and have had it since new.
Grass Doc, could the one on the right of been painted before? Will be interesting to see the new custom paint mix.
Captndave's looks perfect too.

If you look closely mine needs to be repainted. The color of the glove box is slightly lighter than the surrounding vinyl on the dash.

I have to agree with the one on the left also. Mine looks way more like that and have had it since new.
Grass Doc, could the one on the right of been painted before? Will be interesting to see the new custom paint mix.
Captndave's looks perfect too.
the one on the right appears to be original it is pretty beat up and that's after me cleaning it , most pics I have looked at the glove box doesn't stand out/clash like the one I painted on the left , could be the lighting in the house , we will see thx for you all

well finally got a break in the rains , when both are outside the one on right didn't look that dark like the inside pic , so I painted one complete that old rough one on the right from inside pick and the one that I had redone previously with the spray paint form some of our vendors which just stood out when in my car (little too light for my liking). I only painted one side of this one , I think this new color is gonna look way better when in the car and be a better match to the dash. I will wait for them to dry and lightly re sand and do another coat as I am learning with the paint gun , here are some pics ....the one on the chair is the new custom made color and in better light

Attachments

• IMG_2590.JPG
    IMG_2590.JPG
    88.4 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_2593.JPG
    IMG_2593.JPG
    66.7 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_2592.JPG
    IMG_2592.JPG
    65.3 KB · Views: 31