intrepid Dual Fan setup

zapp240

I need to upgrade the factory fan and want to go the casper's harness and intrepid dual fans. I bought the harness and bought a pulled fan from a local yard for 35 bucks only to find I got the wrong year fan. It looks like I got a 2000 LSH fan. It plugs up to the casper's Harness but has two relays already on the fan. Anyone modified this setup to work? or just eat the 35 bucks and get the right fan, thanks. some pics and wiring of what I got

Attachments

• 20180701_104944_HDR_resized[285].jpg
    20180701_104944_HDR_resized[285].jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 161
  • pic-8737562758063850696-1600x1200.jpeg
    pic-8737562758063850696-1600x1200.jpeg
    111.3 KB · Views: 160
  • 300M.pdf
    69 KB · Views: 134
took some quick measurements, 26 1/4 wide looks like it would fit in the 27" core width, and is 15" tall, not sure what the dimensions of the 97 fans are, but it looks the same, except for the wiring.

with thw factory still in, I unplugged it and plugged the caspers harness between the two and jumpered the hot casper wire to battery, ran motor , turned on ac and it turned on with both motors running, just looking at the diagram, if i pull both relays and jumper pin 30 to 87A on the right relay socket, it looks like it would put both in series and i wouldn't have to worry about the rating of the relays , any thoughts?

the 300m.pdf has the diagram

Speaking about the relays, 30 and 87a are the normally closed tips. Power will flow through 30 to 87a even if the relay is inactive. When active, 30 trips over to 87 breaking the contact at 87a.
I need more info on what you plan to do.

Thanks no disintegration, I want to use the casper dual fan Harness , I believe they run both fans right off the bat, with a hotwire going to the positive terminal. would have been straight forward if i got the right fan, i do not have the wiring of the 97 intrepid fan, it's either series or parallel, i believe series. you are correct about the normally closed position, but if i pull the relays and jump 30 and 87A, they should be in series and I would think just like the 97 fan. with no relays installed, they would never go active and should stay in a permanent series condition. I am running hot at idle, standing still, as soon as I am rolling, the temps drop back down, the factory rad is in good shape as i had it pressure tested, cleaned and inspected. I have a GN1 SLIC, and the rad no longer has any rubber pieces boxing in the fan, am actually looking at the GNS Radiator Box in Kit it might actually do the job with the stocker fan, wish i had some input on that as it might be the easiest fix for me.

If the fans are in series they will run real slow. It might be enough, but you prob should get the right year intrepid fan. Not worth a hurt engine.

Why do you need Casper's harness if your fans already have relays? Why not just run them the way they are?

I like the hotwire lead straight to the battery to relieve the power stress of two motors plus the delay turning on second fan in the caspers setup. any relief on 30 year wiring is a bonus, plus if it was a direct match up, figured it would have been done before, hence the post inquiring if anyone ever ran this fan.

no worries though, am going to eat the 35 bucks i payed for it and pick up the right one, easy peasy, will donate it to someone that wants to experiment.