Is anyone on here from Illinois?? What part?

Land O Lincoln

Springfield, Il

There's at least or 4 or 5 TR guys in Springfield (although not all on the board)

Be cautious...

Just curious, why do you ask?

You're from Buffalo, NY.

I am from IL...

Far NW chi-town burbs, basically at the edge of suburban development. Too many people startin to move in:rolleyes: Oh well, there's still all the nice loooong straight country roads five minutes to the west:cool: Hello blinking 85MPH:D

I used to live in a town called Gillespie which is about mid-way between Springfield and St. Louis

I was just wondering, because I am thinking about buying a car from a gentleman in Peoria, IL and I was wondering if someone would be able to go look at it for me, ill gladly pay someone too do this
John

Originally posted by zam70
lyonsd :eek:

WHOA - You were from Gillespie...
I went to school in Virden...

Cool. Conference rivals, you and me. ;)

What year did you graduate HS? '83 here.

I'm here in Decatur, IL. (about 40-45 min from Springfield) zam70, I know we've talked about Virden before, (my parents both grew up there) but I think I forgot to ask you if you knew any of the Delich's or the Gremo's? Delich was my mom's side, and Gremo was my dad's. And, as lyonsd asked, what year did you graduate? It's cool to meet people who live around this area. (or used to) :)

Oh BTW, recently at a really small dealership in Virden, there was a REALLY nice '87 GN...looked to be in showroom condition, had some new parts like headers, chip, and some other small stuff. They wanted 12k, and they had it for several months. Then it and almost every other car on the lot disappeared one day. :( There's also a Silver-ish TR that's always parked in front of the pawn shop on the square that I look for every time I go there. (I go to Virden at least 2 times a month...almost my whole family still lives there except my parents, my siblings, and a couple others)

TurboTTT - there's a few guys from Peoria on this board...put a post up "Peoria People" in the lounge, they'll come out...there's even a Buick club based out of there.

lyonsd - HA 83!!! Me too....We probably wooped your a** sometime...or was that the other way around? Didn't you guys have a pretty good football team? I really can't remember. What's your nick mean? I always read "lion seed" when I see it.

69BluDevil - I remember some Delichs, I think a Monica maybe...been along time. No Gremo though. I graduated in 1983 and moved north the same day I graduated.

The really nice GN I saw in Virden was an 85...just south of the grocery store right? That was an 85 (unless they had another)
There's another GN running around Virden that has HORRIBLE rust...I mean No rockers left, half way up the 1/4s...BAD. There used to be a nice GNX in Virden as well but was sold a few years ago.

The grey 86 T type belongs to the guy who runs the pawn shop. It used to belong to Gmpower6. Pawn shop guy bought that car from some kids Dad (kid went off to the military and quit making payments) in Auburn for $3500.00. It's in decent shape but is starting to show some rust problems.

"it's a small world af-ter alllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll"