Is it possible to bend the frame by...

Welby

... having one side of the car up on jackstands overnight? :confused: . I'm trying to chase down a leaning problem and I'm trying to think of anything possible that could cause it. I know that one day I was working on the left side of the car and had the drivers side up on a jackstand while the passenger side rested on the ground. I didn't finish and let the car sit like that overnight.

After messing with both cut coils and lowering coils, the car has a drastic lean to the right 1"+ , and I can't figure out why. Could having the car on a jackstand like that have tweaked the frame, so now when it's on level ground the frame is pulling the passenger side down? :confused:

I just ordered 5658's for the front, but I have a bad feeling that it's still gonna be leaning down on the right for some reason.

Should I jack up the passenger side and let it sit overnight to bend it back? Kidding!... But not really :frown:

Body Bushings squashed flat?
I think that's what wrong with mine but it leans to the left a little.
Just a thought....

The body bushing next to the downpipe often melts. Is the frame leaning, or just the body? Measure the frame to ground, as well as the body.

Springs Installed Right?

The "tail" on the coil spring needs to sit in the pocket on the lower control arm. It's possible that one of your springs is properly installed, and the other is not. This would cause a definite lean...Its worth a look