Is Jimmy D'Alessandro still around?

EightSecV6 said:
OK, Does ANYBODY and I mean ANYBODY want to race heads up? 2 out of 3 will work for me, no Hail Mary 1 pass wonders! YES THAT IS A CALL OUT! ANY OF THE ABOVE want a shot at the title? As Ric Flair once said "To be the man......you gotta beat the man! WOOOOOOOOOOOO!" Bring it dont sing it, I dont wanna hear about youy sisters cousins GN that belonged to so and so and went such and such way back when! I obviously dont make enough HP or go fast enough, however, I am ready :D

I will have to re read this whole thread.
I don't think anyone thought that Bill's Car is junk!
Mr. Anderson is the man to beat period.
Bill is not running much boost and was still working on the clutch tune up last time we spoke. Why should he swing for home runs every time if there is no one in his ball park???

PS I love hearing about the original guys from way back.

Bob Borelli
Buddy Cox
Joe Copson
Alan Witter
Dale Cherry
Ron Fruchey
Jimmy D
Lou Czarnota
Pete Barton
Bob Goldfine
Ken Duttweiler
Mike Hanna
Scott Chesnut
LC
Jack P
Shawn Lilly

And so on and so on!

John Wilde said:
I will have to re read this whole thread.
I don't think anyone thought that Bill's Car is junk!
Mr. Anderson is the man to beat period.
Bill is not running much boost and was still working on the clutch tune up last time we spoke. Why should he swing for home runs every time if there is no one in his ball park???

PS I love hearing about the original guys from way back.

Bob Borelli
Buddy Cox
Joe Copson
Alan Witter
Dale Cherry
Ron Fruchey
Jimmy D
Lou Czarnota
Pete Barton
Bob Goldfine
Ken Duttweiler
Mike Hanna
Scott Chesnut
LC
Jack P
Shawn Lilly

And so on and so on!

John, I'll probably never get the clutch figured out but I sure as heck an tired of climbing over those bars trying! NICE list of old timers! Lets not forget Pete Bernard and Barry Walker!

EightSecV6 said:
. . .I'll probably never get the clutch figured out but I sure as heck an tired of climbing over those bars trying! . .

Billy,
I know Exactly what your talking about :confused: Those damn clutches will be the death of us both! :mad:

You will get the clutch and run a 6 in less than a year!!! :D

Also

Bob Peterson , God Bless Him
Jim Haas
Nelson Hernandez
Jay Carter
Roy Rauch, What the heck happend to him???

John Wilde said:
You will get the clutch and run a 6 in less than a year!!! :D

Also

Bob Peterson , God Bless Him
Jim Haas
Nelson Hernandez
Jay Carter
Roy Rauch, What the heck happend to him???

Humberto Rodriguez HA! top that one! Wow what a memory!

It's on like Donkey Kong.. Biatch!!!!!

EightSecV6 said:
OK, Does ANYBODY and I mean ANYBODY want to race heads up? 2 out of 3 will work for me, no Hail Mary 1 pass wonders! YES THAT IS A CALL OUT! ANY OF THE ABOVE want a shot at the title? As Ric Flair once said "To be the man......you gotta beat the man! WOOOOOOOOOOOO!" Bring it dont sing it, I dont wanna hear about youy sisters cousins GN that belonged to so and so and went such and such way back when! I obviously dont make enough HP or go fast enough, however, I am ready :D

Bill, I want the hit from the 1000' mark!!!!!!:D

In all seriousness Bill you know you're the quickest/fastest (as well as us) it's just good ol' fashioned bench racing and throwing out #'s.... You're the only one that knows how much is honestly left in your combination, but I wouldn't doubt that there is a good bit left in it (hopefully enough for that 6 second pass that we all would love to see you make) :) :cool:

Was anyone at ATCO back in 94 or so when Peter Barton's dad and Harry ripped Jimmy D a new ass during the tech session about teh whole NEW DFI conpared to how JD hacked some stuff up and went to the Tech2 (turbo buick race hosted by Conrad Jones)???? Still remember it CLEARLY! Dale Cherry beat me in the finals I think by about a tenth or so with his race car, at the time I was still driving mine everyday with the A/C on of course!

Scott231 said:
Ricardo LaCosta :cool:

Yes!!! Him and his buddy Lee Fredrick have been around from the beginning and are still around.... Two of the nicest guys you'd ever want to meet and both are willing to share all of their experience and knowledge of these Buicks... They are the definition of "Fast with Class!" :) :cool:

EightSecV6 said:
John, I'll probably never get the clutch figured out but I sure as heck an tired of climbing over those bars trying! NICE list of old timers! Lets not forget Pete Bernard and Barry Walker!
Damn...I wish you were a little further south. I'd be happy to help, Bill. I do the clutch setup (and a lot of other back-breaking sh!t) for a couple of PM teams down here.

What do you run, Bill? A Ram 9-stand, an AFT 12-stand, or ??

QuickWrench said:
Damn...I wish you were a little further south. I'd be happy to help, Bill. I do the clutch setup (and a lot of other back-breaking sh!t) for a couple of PM teams down here.

What do you run, Bill? A Ram 9-stand, an AFT 12-stand, or ??

Dual disc RAM, 6 stands.

Bill,
I wish that the call out was a couple of months ago I would take you up on that for sure. I just found this post and couldn't wait to get to the end and say that there sure is alot of BS going on they should just go to the track and race! It's not a race car if you go out and have 5 sec. reaction times! And that's all I remember about the old days. I was at the Nats in 87 and have been around since. I saw Alan's car at the ROCK one year and he was RACING that car and I went to work on mine to try and race with him, heads up and ball's to the wall. We got to race a little for a couple of years. Just in case he reads this I want to say thank you Alan you made me make the change to the big motor and I have never had so much fun in my life like I have had in the past 6yrs. I could have bought TRUMP out with the money it has cost over the years:) but that's not the reason to do it. I will miss the little 6 :cool:

TURBOKID said:
Bill,
I wish that the call out was a couple of months ago I would take you up on that for sure. I just found this post and couldn't wait to get to the end and say that there sure is alot of BS going on they should just go to the track and race! It's not a race car if you go out and have 5 sec. reaction times! And that's all I remember about the old days. I was at the Nats in 87 and have been around since. I saw Alan's car at the ROCK one year and he was RACING that car and I went to work on mine to try and race with him, heads up and ball's to the wall. We got to race a little for a couple of years. Just in case he reads this I want to say thank you Alan you made me make the change to the big motor and I have never had so much fun in my life like I have had in the past 6yrs. I could have bought TRUMP out with the money it has cost over the years:) but that's not the reason to do it. I will miss the little 6 :cool:

Richie,

What was your highest MPH in the 1/4 Mile?
What did your car weigh at the time?

Please tell us about your new v-8 you are building.

TURBOKID said:
Bill,

Hey Richie, I surely couldnt run with you on the small tires cuz I'm too scared! My car runs low 4.50's in the 1/8 at 155 or so, it would have been fun but we are in totally different classes. Sorry to hear you are going to a V8 but I understand you are looking to race and we basically just play.You know the Buicks aint cheap! My drag radial T/A will still have the ol faithful V6 in it but of course I'll prolly loose alot too. I speak to Alan regularly, heck of a good guy.

PS Remember I signed for you to get your licence in Bristol? That sure seems like a long time ago!