Is Mease still in Business?

Buick Beginner

Where is my $$$ going?
I've tried calling their phone number for 2 days but there's no answer. Then on top of that the answering service say's "Sorry memory full". I wanted to order a downpipe but I'm about ready to spend the extra money for an ATR. - BB:confused:

Yes, they're still in business but no longer doing retail sales...can't seem to get organized enough to ship within a reasonable time. You're better off calling Jack Cotton or one of the other vendors and ordering the pipe from them.

Has anyone seen one of his "super stock mount" intercoolers yet. It looks great in the pictures on his website....just wonder if anyone has gotten their paws on one yet.

John

I've ordered and paid for a downpipe + cutout pipe from him -way- back when I was in Saudi Arabia. Would've been about... April/May time frame. I pester him about it and email and whatnot and have gotten a few replies, but still no pipe. Starting to get VERY cheesed about it. Way to hook a svcman out Keith. I found out from someone a few nights ago on IRC chat about the single piece ATR internal gate pipe--I didn't even know about it, and he didn't either until I think kendall it was told him about it. In retrospect, I wish I went that route.

ATR is ok if you dont mind the puck seizing. Plus I have a few local buddies who have had problems with them contacting the bottom of the heater box.

I would get a Terry Houston pipe as they have never had the WG puck problem and fit well. IMO of course.

-GNX7

Since ATR addresses & corrects the few pipes (out of the many sold) with "sticky" pucks, not to worry.

(There are threads on the board at the moment about "sticky" pucks, and they are not ATRs.)

Most DP/firewall contact is likely caused by age-compressed or cheap motor mounts.As a preventative measure, replacing the motor mounts before installing any DP is a prudent idea.

( Great time to upgrade to the poly-mounts from www.hrpartsnstuff.com )
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Due to the multi-brand issue of "sticky" pucks, many feel the best DP design is an EXTERNAL-gate, among other positive differences
versus the internally-gated style.

HTH :)

Has anyone seen one of his "super stock mount" intercoolers yet.
N2hipsi on this board has a new Mease stock mount. I have seen it in person and it looks very nice. Perhaps he will chime in.

i just ordered a custom dump pipe from him today...talked to keith and he was really nice to me and said he will make the pipe today and ship it out in 2 days...this is my first time doing business with him so we'll see what happens!:)

ATR Downpipe Smacks the Heater Box...

We have an ATR downpipe on one our cars and the downpipe contacts the bottom of the heater box. The car has one of Paul's engine mounts on the driver's side and a new name-brand mount on the passenger side.
I showed this problem to a friend of mine who worked for ATR for several years and he confirmed that this occurred frequently with ATR pipes. He advised that some users solved the problem by heating the contact area of the pipe and flattening it.
We're just gonna put a Houston pipe on the car.

Originally posted by jastrckl
I've ordered and paid for a downpipe + cutout pipe from him -way- back when I was in Saudi Arabia. Would've been about... April/May time frame. I pester him about it and email and whatnot and have gotten a few replies, but still no pipe. Starting to get VERY cheesed about it. Way to hook a svcman out Keith. I found out from someone a few nights ago on IRC chat about the single piece ATR internal gate pipe--I didn't even know about it, and he didn't either until I think kendall it was told him about it. In retrospect, I wish I went that route.

Yeah, I'm in the same situation. I even have wakkoss calling him to find out about my pipe. Between the two of us we still can't get an answer:mad:

I just ordered a 3"inch DP for external wastegate from keith. Very down to earth and understood what i needed with one phone call. I dont know why so many people bitch about how long it takes and how he never replies because ive CALLED him 3 times sense the order just to check up on it and he has answered the phone every time. I think Mease has a bad rep on this bord because so many people on this bord are to lazy to call and check on there order. Email is NOT a good way to get in touch with this guy, u have to call him! Besides what ever happened to patience? Id rather wait for a good product then get a ****ty ATR one delivered the next day. Just my opinion.

that sucs for u, ive had no problems with him what so ever. always answered phone calls from me, and if u dont like it u guys can soon just start crying and bitching to ramchargers and kirbin and cotton's cus there going to distribute his producs soon....its cus of the buick guys that he doesn't do retail anymore. Maby im just lucky with him or something? He has had a huge problems with UPS and that might be why many of his buick customers products are laggin. Whatever the wait is tho, his product is top quality and IS DEFINITLY worth the wait.

Wow!

I'm sorry about the hang-ups you guys are dealing with, I went ahead and bit the bullet and bought a new THDP from Postons. They had them in stock and everyone seemed to have the same price on them, $439.00. Postons is the closest to me as well, (shipping costs). Man, I am in the dog house for a while. It's gonna take roses for a year to heal this one. - BB:p

Re: Wow!

Originally posted by Buick Beginner
I'm sorry about the hang-ups you guys are dealing with, I went ahead and bit the bullet and bought a new THDP from Postons. They had them in stock and everyone seemed to have the same price on them, $439.00. Postons is the closest to me as well, (shipping costs). Man, I am in the dog house for a while. It's gonna take roses for a year to heal this one. - BB:p

Smart man:) :cool:

I ordered my 3" d.p. form him the beginning of april told him I wasn't in a hurry. I recieved dp and test pipe (jet hot coated) and up pipe (silver powdercoated) with alky bung at the end of may. Bonus part was $370 shipped. Maybe I got it that fast cause I wasn't complaining :confused: Good luck to all you guys waiting I just wanted to tell about my experience.

Mease Intercooler

My brother purchased and has in his car the big stock location Intercooler. This thing is huge!! 3" in & out, Nice craftsmanship, just poor customer service. He is still waiting for the up-pipe and lower shroud. It has been about 3-months now. :mad: