You can type here any text you want

Is my powermaster going?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

CHRIS W

Car slows down fine, but when I get to a complete stop the pedal creeps to the floor and I can feel a vibration in it. Brakes worked OK before I changed to bigger wheel cylinders. I have bleed them out at least 5 times and can,t find any leaks WTF?

Car slows down fine, but when I get to a complete stop the pedal creeps to the floor and I can feel a vibration in it. Brakes worked OK before I changed to bigger wheel cylinders. I have bleed them out at least 5 times and can,t find any leaks WTF?

The bigger wheel cylinder should not have anything to do with it.

As much as I hate to say it, yes. The seals in your main cylinder are going. The pedal creeping to the floor is a classic sign that most standard brake systems experience. It may be coincidence, but probably caused from pump bleeding when you finished your cylinder installation. Guessing The P/M is original to the car?

The vibration you feel is the P/M pump keeping the pressure up as it leaks past the seals.

Stop driving the vehicle before you can't stop any more and repair the problem.

my pedal doesn'tcreep to the floor. You can faintly feel a random bump in the brake pedal though...what about that?

grocerygetter said:
my pedal doesn'tcreep to the floor. You can faintly feel a random bump in the brake pedal though...what about that?

You might try cycling your accumulator. It may have some air in it.
The bump you feel is the pump building presure.
Could also be the pump trying to run against an old hardening acc ball.

Get a watch, clock, or some good time piece and run some diagnostics.
Brake System

Find out what time it takes to pump up the accumulator.
Find out what time it takes for self cycle.
Post back up.

mine also made a faint squeak each time after I stepped on the brake pedal before mine went out.

Back