Is the TA 1510 oil booster plate same as Kenny Bell type plate?

Wear or booster plate the gears will keep better end clearance longer when they are againgst a steel plate vs. alum filter adapter.
That is why my "stupid plate" is made from stainless steel. If you de-mag the pump gears, it'll keep any slurry from gathering on the gears and making a wear pattern on the plate. Several shops use my plates...and will state they are far superior to the original aluminum plate that started to wear out from the moment the key was turned. My plate is made from 304 SS.

Just curious as why stainless and not something like tool steel that can be harden to say 50rc or so.
Wear or booster plate the gears will keep better end clearance longer when they are againgst a steel plate vs. alum filter adapter.
That is why my "stupid plate" is made from stainless steel. If you de-mag the pump gears, it'll keep any slurry from gathering on the gears and making a wear pattern on the plate. Several shops use my plates...and will state they are far superior to the original aluminum plate that started to wear out from the moment the key was turned. My plate is made from 304 SS.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Just curious as why stainless and not something like tool steel that can be harden to say 50rc or so.

You dont need hard...you need non-magnetic. the engines run forever on the aluminum housing and the original plates were aluminum. The stainless has excellent wear characteristics. it surrounded by oil...as long as there is nothing magnetic...like the gears...to gather particles...it'll last forever. I had a customer that tore his pump apart when he ripped his engine down a few years ago. He said the plate had light swirl marks....but no wear. He had 4 seasons of racing and cruising on it. I've used stainless ever since Lee Thompson asked me to make these for him. Now several shops use them. Ive sold a couple hundred over the years...and never a complaint.

While not advertised, Ive made my own plates for years as well to use on engines and covers ive built, SS is my choice to.

I just installed booster plate, looks like idle pressure went from 19 to 25 with 150 deg oil temps. May drop some as oil gets hotter

Looks like oil psi drop to 22psi at 900 rpm idle. Idle at 1100 rpm and oil psi at 25psi. I think my bearing clearences may be ok