Is there any aftermarket turbo that will bolt to an 85 GN throttlebody?

Also, who makes headers for the H/A's? I've only seen hooker headers..are there any other options.

With that turbo upgrade, and a Razor Alky kit, would that push me into the 11s?

Please say yes........

IMO the answer is no. Keep your money in your wallet until I finish my car and go to the track and get a time slip or get a g-force reading.

I simply have to install my TA33C and adjust the TT chip which automatically changes the A/F ratio to my specs. The new tech makes tuning easy.

My install of the TA33c is about 2 weeks out. My car runs really good now with the stock turbo. I can scoot the MT Et drag radials in first gear and second gear shift.

If I can get to a twelve five quarter that would make my day. Give me some time to finish up my tests. I do not keep secrets. Take care- Brad

I will be watching for your input. As I said I am in the middle of a hot air rebuild and don't want to make $800 mistakes. My money tree is also a little bare...I also posted my turbo spec tag in the turbo section for help..THANKS..mike

It wont break my heart to just be in the twelvs. I am getting the turbo upgrade and I allready purchaced the alky kit anyways. I was just hopeing that they would bring me that low. 12.5 is about what the faster AWD racers around my area are, so to run with them in a 3600 lb v6 buick is plenty good for me.

Would you like to sell it?
Actually we are toying with buying another hot air and it would go on there, but everything has a price ;)

As far as running into the 11's with the above mentioned combo, one thing I did notice is your injector size, hot airs like fuel and run better with more fuel. I know when we were getting into the high 11's my 42 pound injectors were running about 100% duty cycle. You might want to keep that in mind if planning to do this.

There's one of my secrets.

Actually we are toying with buying another hot air and it would go on there, but everything has a price ;)

As far as running into the 11's with the above mentioned combo, one thing I did notice is your injector size, hot airs like fuel and run better with more fuel. I know when we were getting into the high 11's my 42 pound injectors were running about 100% duty cycle. You might want to keep that in mind if planning to do this.

There's one of my secrets.

That's an interesting bit of info since as you know the IC cars can stretch 009s into the mid/lower 11s. Are your 02s actually showing up rich or are they normal?

But again you are comparing an apple to an orange when you compare on intercooled set up to a non intercooled. Seriously they can cool the charge with the intercooler and 009's would get them to the mid 11's comfortable, but with the fact that my hot air combo likes fuel and runs a lot better with it I found an issue. Why not run the largest injector possible and just tune for it?

The answer to your second question, no I don't see o2 readings reading any richer number wise. It was on the direct scan showing .76 or so not really rich by that reading. Now I monitor fuel to air ration and run about 11.0-11.3 and the car likes that.

I am still thinking about going bigger TA series, like a 62, and re-clocking the compressor, and getting a TB mount fabbed up, that is unless you still have a couple adapters Jamie?? We got a monster in the makings!!! lol

John

Wish I could afford to get an intercooler. How much all togeather have most of you paid for reclocking the turbo and getting the piping and intercooler. Just a ballpark price would be fine.

I am still thinking about going bigger TA series, like a 62, and re-clocking the compressor, and getting a TB mount fabbed up, that is unless you still have a couple adapters Jamie?? We got a monster in the makings!!! lol

John

I still have plenty of adapters and we can have the cone done as well for the turbo

what do you do for the cone? is that the adapter for the intake??? We are getting everything buttoned up now, and we are in desperate need of a turbo!!! lol

john:biggrin:

John

If you're talking about the adaptor between the TB and turbo, it's not needed with the 87 style turbo. The TB will shift a few degrees but it's not a problem.

The adapter makes it a direct bolt on and anyone that has bought one knows this as well as not having to move the location of anything in the motor.

The adapter makes it a direct bolt on and anyone that has bought one knows this as well as not having to move the location of anything in the motor.

Turbo to TB or turbo to intake? The turbo to TB adaptor is nice but not needed. You can lengthen a couple vacuum lines by 2" for $1.00 or you can buy the adaptor for whatever it sells for. Either way will work.

lol... here is a dumb question... is a TA 62 turbo the same as an 87 turbo just bigger guts?

John:D