You can type here any text you want

is this a precision FMIC?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
I believe the tanks on my Cottons front mount are larger than those at the top. Mine is from 2007 . It does look like the same design though

Bryan

FWIW I put a PTE front mount on a basically stock car years ago just to see the result and it was worth about 2 tenths on a 12.30 car over the stock intercooler. I got very similar results by installing a Duttneck intercooler on the same car. I felt like that made sense because the car responded to less back pressure with both the PTE and Duttneck but the stock turbo did flow enough air to take adavantage of the improved flow of the PTE unit. So upgrading to a FM before you really need it is still worth some performance but make sure your cooling system is up to the task.

So obviously it's overkill for my car right now, but would it make it any faster or slower if I put it on now? If it will be slower I will just put it up until I build another motor
Ive seen an old cottons run 9.30's , that's about the limit of its efficiency range before its blowing hot air (their was data to back it up)....so you will be good for a long long time.

Back