You can type here any text you want

Is this head trash ?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Slick87gn

First attempt at porting. Die grinder got away from me. Top of port on left. Can it still be used ?

Head

Pics did not load

Attachments

• dcp_1084.jpg
    dcp_1084.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 360
  • dcp_1085.jpg
    dcp_1085.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 354
miss

you are lucky that it got away where it did -it could have been a water jacket :eek: but it does not look too bad I believe you are still safe .Just to let you know that the most safest way to port heads at home is with dremel tool and yes it takes twice as long but at least you wont have "oops" moments like this one.The cheapest(that is correct) and best route on the other hand is to give it to a professional and then you'll have good port job with equal flowing chambers..just my two cents .:rolleyes:

Did you fall asleep when it got away from you:eek::biggrin:, thats a pretty big "oops". I agree, put a gasket on it and see how it looks. As long as you didnt hit a jacket you'll be good, hopefully its not paper thin.

It really doesn't look that bad. If you're using an air die grinder get a seperate regulator which will cut the speed down some. If it's an electric one check out Harbor Freight for a router control so you can control the speed better.

You may be able to use the felpro stage I gasket if the standard one won't work so you still may be ok. Put the gasket on it and see what it looks like but while it's there mark the opening so you knw where your limits need to be.

I see the valves are in the heads:confused:
Maybe you should leave those for the Pros.

Believe it or not... I've seen worse.

I remember looking at a pair of SBC heads when I was a teenager... A buddy of mine showed me his port work he did with a flat file. :eek:

Back