Is this normal?

better???

Ok before I get to far ( installing springs for the 3rd time :rolleyes::mad:) does this look better? or is it impossible to tell without the springs installed? also, can someone elaborate on all the adjustments on these spc's? and how they are achieved.

TIA
JOSH

Attachments

• 100_0089.jpg
    100_0089.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 161
  • 100_0090.jpg
    100_0090.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 149
  • 100_0091.jpg
    100_0091.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 153
  • 100_0092.jpg
    100_0092.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 169
You changed control arms??

I see you changed control arms to the KILLER SPC ones. See how the upper ball joint plate is bent to like a 14 deg angle. That is what i was talking about compared to the old control arms. Now you will have more control arm droop and more travel compared to those DIRT TRACK arms you had before!! I AM TOTALLY against those arms for a street car. Didn't you get a alignment spec sheet from Marcus when you bought the SPC arms ? IF not i forget what he recommends but call him and he will tell you what to shoot for! We really can't see the springs in those pics to see if it is in the register or not. You are going to LOVE this thing when it is rolling!!! Also don't forget to do the Jeep steering shaft upgrade while your at it. For $50 WHY NOT?? :biggrin:
Jerry

Whoops!

Thought you were asking about the springs. It looks right to me. I don't have my car here to look at it. Also check the bearings on for those spindles they have a rep for going bad.
Jerry

Looks good to me. Just so you know, there is a passenger side and a drivers side on these as well. As far as setting up the SPC adjustments, they should have come with sheet explaining how to get a base setting to start you off. Once everything is installed and the car is ready to drive, you'll need to get a rough setting for your toe, then drive it to the alignment shop. Have them set your car up for the street setting.

OK-

Yeah I didn't order these from Marcus ( please don't chastize me!! ). Anywho, I ordered the the 94330 & 94331 ( stock ride height setup ). Ive already got the jeep steering shaft ( had it for some time now ) and the bearings for this setup are fine ( one might be in question but will suffice for now ) Ill be PC'ing it all this week! As far as baseline settings, the instructions are a bit weak in my opinion. They don't elaborate much in terms of how all these little BJ plates work and what they're for etc... I was hoping someone could chime in on this.

TIA

Not real sure what is in question? The ball joint plate just simply holds the BJ in place. I wouldnt get too involved in trying to set it up perfecty right now. It's all going to change once the car is together.

No need to chastize you for saving money. Marcus isnt a vendor on this site anyway!

Not real sure what is in question? The ball joint plate just simply holds the BJ in place. I wouldnt get too involved in trying to set it up perfecty right now. It's all going to change once the car is together.

No need to chastize you for saving money. Marcus isnt a vendor on this site anyway!

It seems they have multiple plates for lowering the BJ ( as opposed to setting on top of the arm??, i presume ). I just want to make sure that I don't need to mess with those - just hold on to them and hand them over/along with the instructions to the alignment shop, right?

those new adj upper arms appear to be installed on the wrong side of the car
shorter arms need to be toward the front of the car

not according to the instructions. it says longest adjusting sleeve and welded stud always towards the front...

im missing something because to the right towards the top is the statement i made and the "welded stud is ALWAYS towards the front of the vehicle", if you look at my pic that is the case the welded stud is at the front of the car...

this is the pic from jevans setup...

his is different for some reason ( lowered ride height Im guessing ) but the welded stud is in the front of his too...

Attachments

• 01-24-10003.jpg
    01-24-10003.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 131
maybe its just the angle of the pic but even looking at the spc logo his front adjsuter arm appears shorter than the ones on your set and shorter than his rear arms

Just got off the phone with SPC's tech support ( I really don't want to do this again ). The left ( driver's side ) part # is 94331. This is the part # that is shown in my pics. Pacecarta ( don't take this the wrong way ), you are wrong.

Just got off the phone with SPC's tech support ( I really don't want to do this again ). The left ( driver's side ) part # is 94331. This is the part # that is shown in my pics. Pacecarta ( don't take this the wrong way ), you are wrong.

yours adjusters dont look like jevans
let me know how it goes when they check and try to adjust the caster

if you look at your stock arms youll see what im saying , the stock arms on side of arm that goes toward front measured from end of shaft to balljoint center is 10.25 (approx) , measuerd on the rear its 12.25 (aprrox) ,
short side toward front
how you can say the arms as you have them are correct or will be after adjustment i cant understand

yours adjusters dont look like jevans
let me know how it goes when they check and try to adjust the caster

yeah ill keep everyone informed, i pretty sure jevans is different because he lowered his ride height ( that uses two 94332, instead of a 330 (RH) and a 331 (LH) ) but regardless it will be awhile before I can get this alignment done. I can't do it without the full weight of the car on it, correct?

if you look at your stock arms youll see what im saying , the stock arms from end of shaft to balljoint center is 10.25 (approx) on side toward front on the rear its 12.25 (aprrox) ,
short side toward front

i unfortunately no longer have the stockers - they were pitched awhile back when i started this frame off...

I would install the BJ from the top through the arm. This is a fail safe way so if something would happen to break, the BJ will still be in the arm instead of completely popping out. You can adjust the arms with the weight of the car on them, it may be somewhat tricky to reach them though!!! Once you get it together, things wont seem so difficult.;)

You can adjust the arms with the weight of the car on them, it may be somewhat tricky to reach them though!!! Once you get it together, things wont seem so difficult.;)

Can I have the alignment done without the shell on it? ( frame only ). This would be ideal for me - the shop is right down the street from me.