Is this thing worth anything>???

SVT F15O

Coolest guy on Earth
It is off a hot-air car(1983 or 1984) I think. Been sitting around for a while!
January017.jpg

January018.jpg

January019.jpg

January020.jpg

January022.jpg

To the right person it could be worth a gold mine. I can tell you thats not off an 84 as that is the first year Buick went fuel injected so no need for a carb. My guess is that is from the "Sport Coupe" Regals of the late 70's.

Early 84's were carbed. I'm no expert but I'll show you my T-title! That and my motor are all I have left tho. I should really kick my buddy who's here in the goobies some day for not keepin the springs and bars and good axle when he cleaned up years ago. He got the semi twisted frame when I got aggravated with it's constant need for rhinoplasty! Was the only Regal I've ever seen w/o AC. Wish I could remember where them extra alum drums got to too...

A carb'd 84, hmmm, whats the build date of the car? I am betting it was built in late 83 and classed as an 84.

Not to call you out or talk down or anything like that but my Grand National could be considered an 86 as it was built in November of 86. Built that late meant it was an 87 which means I escaped the digital dash/climate control nightmare and got a better grille. :cool:

Any car built after July-ish of the previous year would be of the next calander/model year. Just as the '09 models were rolled out in Sept-Oct '08. Best I can do would be to give it's VIN sequence #. Haven't seen the tags or nothin in ages. Having discovered this place I wish I had that info handy for decoding. Always figured it started as a 4whl disc car. Wouldn't be the first oddball Buick Ive had. But it would cause me to wanna kick myself even more. I loved it, but the thing just made me mad one too many times and got the gas axe.

Early 84's were carbed.

BS!! If your talking about the turbo'd Buick. You don't know crap about how cars are built and all of the red tape BS given to manufacturers by the Feds. Post up the paper work and prove me wrong. You can't go by the month and year the car was built. Go by the year code in the VIN. Some very good examples that prove why this is. 1969 Camaros were built well into the month of February in the year 1970. Most dumbasses still call them 69 1/2. The GM X-car(Citation,etc) came out in February of 1979. Aint no 79 Citations that I know of. The redesigned 1988 Chevy 1/2 trucks came out in February 1987. If you have ever worked behind the parts counter back in the late 80's than you know how confusing it was for some owners that they bought a 88 model in 87.:rolleyes:

ALL I have left is the Title and the engine and the hydroboost/mc. Not claiming to be able to prove more. For all I know it might be a leftover 83 that was titled for sale as an 84. I say it's an early 84 cuz you guys say they were EFI and mine wasn't. Tell me where to find the eng.#'s and I'll pic em too. It's never mattered to me before and I've almost dumped that motor on Regal-Nut a handful of times over the years.
You probly don't care about non-turbo fwd. But I also tore down a no-VIN Rivi-T with EPA non-compliance stickers on the shock towers and papers suggesting it to be an 87. The engr. paperwork hanging from the backs of many panels was dated to 84. So, I'm saying that strange things end up in NW Ohio! Oh, and I can prove the Rivi thing too...:) I accidently just found the paper that calls it an 87 over the wkd. and I took video of disassembling the weird car with 475mi. on it!

I can say that yes it was a 84 turbo. i was there when rivical pulled the power plant out. :biggrin:

Well, yes. Regal-nut was there to witness a car with a deathwish. To bring me home from the hosp when it tried to take me out after only a week...me puttin 4 noses on it...it needed another when I got fed up...and didn't have the orig when I got it...Only one was my fault...two windshields...one from racing a SHO and snappin both sides at speed...to havin a BBQ and cuttin party.

But no, after all these years of "knowing" it was an 84, thanks to a curmudgeonly knowledgable source the faulty memory has been restored with fact. 1G4AK4788DH880062 was in fact titled as an 1983/BUICK/REG/CP

It was still an awesome car. If it hadn't been so suicidal, it'd probly be real-nuts frame-off proj today, and there'd be some irony in the 69Olds 350-325/360motor last in it goin his way to help his shorter term money go for paint.(unless I get it in another T/A first!)

I don't claim to be all knowledgable of G-bodies. I'm here to learn and share what I've experienced. My current Buicks are a pair of 71 Riviera's.:smile: :D :D :smile:

My car

has a build date of 12-02-87 from the build sheet behind the upper rear seat-does this mean I have a 88 GN??? heh heh heh

rivical... the hell man you're like boomhauer... cant understand half of what youre trying to say

Was thinkin the same thing. Shoulda waited till morning sobriety to post! Froze myself title sifting and was down to pure alcohol in my veins! hoom waa hum gumma nusha Lone Sta
To my consant memory, the car was always an 84 that all manner of things would jump in front of or even find it parked. Turned out it was an 83. Nuttin more...

Was thinkin the same thing. Shoulda waited till morning sobriety to post! Froze myself title sifting and was down to pure alcohol in my veins! hoom waa hum gumma nusha Lone Sta
To my consant memory, the car was always an 84 that all manner of things would jump in front of or even find it parked. Turned out it was an 83. Nuttin more...

The Hemingway of the Turbo Buick world

Post on brother...I can dig it...
(Curmudgeon) yeah right how many folks on here know EXACTLY what that means.....

What happened to my thread>???

Should I just ebay the thing>???

post over in the "Before Black" subforum. you might want to hit up t6p and tbs.com as well; i'm pretty sure they have carbed TR subforums that might have an interested party involved. :biggrin: