You can type here any text you want

Is ZDDP needed with billet roller cam?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
aefda712-3780-2214.jpg

The blonde is my wife and that'd be the only crack I smoke....

Bacon curtains sizzlin'

thanks for hi-jacking my thread......with your $30K engine, excessive oil changes, and a picture of your wife.

thanks for hi-jacking my thread......with your $30K engine, excessive oil changes, and a picture of your wife.

My apologies... I shared my experience, and, was bashed so I responded. Sorry if I "hi-jacked" a beat to death topic that probably has 100 damn near identical posts.

Bacon curtains sizzlin'

oil

Hay there guys i am just wondering if 15/50 oil is bit to rich on a more stock GN?
I do belive in changing my oil very often at low km too:biggrin:
Thanks you guys are to funny:cool:
Dave

Heavy weights can stress out the oil pump gears overtime. Not the best idea to run the thick stuff!

200k here on the original cam sensor and used 20w50 in the summer since 88

I think that alcohol has blurred your vision? :eek:

After 20 passes with 116 octane leaded gas, my oil is black and contaminated, and will be glad to send it if you will use it in that BBC, and I will also send the grey crud I remove from my oil filter housing as well. :biggrin:

Too bad you could NOT let his comment slide, as it points out your lack of knowledge and experience, except for what you do on one race car.

Leaded gasoline was probably gone from the pumps before you matured, or you would have seen what residue and crud it leaves in the engine oil pan, valve covers and elsewhere even on street cars. On forced induction cars there is much more compression gases pushed into the crankcase which greatly accelerates oil contamination.

Stick around and maybe you can learn something about race cars that burn leaded gasoline! :)
Hate to jump into a thread but I had a bad experience recently with 116 leaded race gas and motor oil. I have a jug of grey watery junk in my garage that used to be Mobil 1 synthetic 10W30. It got that way in 500 miles of driving with about 10 quarter mile passes all on Sunoco 116 leaded. Engine only had about 1000 miles on it at the time. To make maters worse I did not discover it until the car had sat for about 5 months. I actually had rust spots on top of my oil filter and on the dipstick. I changed the oil and filter and switched back to regular gas, and then E85, and have had no more problems but I for sure look at the oil very often now.

I ran mobil 1 in my car in the begining and after 1500 miles or so especially in hot temps when my car was at 195 my oil press would drop to 10 to 12 psi at an idle that's because of the synthetic its a thin oil I spoke to nick and he educated me on oils so he told me to switch to valvoline vr1 and at a hot idle my oil press is at 20 psi since then I never looked back nick knows his s#$%& when it comes to turbo buicks

Got my case of Joe Gibbs HR3 oil today, came with a great flier selling their product, good info. I'll now be changing my filter every 1000 oil every 2000.
aefdb805-dbc0-d812.jpg

Back