I've got a no start (power problems)

Micah

Uconn is better
Hello all,
My car has been sitting for a few months but the time has come for it to move. I just put a brand new battery in it because the old one wore down and doesnt work. Last night I turned the key to on and everything was working. When I turned to fire it up it gave about a half of a crank and then everything went dead. Now my car is pretty leaky and it's been sitting through months of precipitation so my first thougt was a fuse blew or something is grounding somewhere. I checked a bunch of fuses (not all of them though) and they were fine. I still get no power though. Any thoughts on where I might start investigating or what the problem might be?

CHECK ALL GROUNDS, FUSABLE LINKS AT STARTER, ALSO TAKE A LOOK AT THE FUSE BULK HEAD ON THE FIRE WALL AND IN THE CAR.
I HAD THE SAME ISSUE AND IT WAS THE BULK HEAD, CORROSION.

GOOD LUCK.
RAY

Not to sound like an idiot but are you saying that your entire fuse box was corroded? Also does anybody have a list of where all the grounds are? I couldn't find any on gnttype.org. Thanks.

Had the same thing happen too..forgot to tighten the positive battery cable down...did ya check both ?

Also, there is a ground on the engine block behind the bottom of the turbo bracket and one on the passenger side head..both of mine were loose

all grounds
back of passanger head
front of pass head
on both of the fenders

all connections at starter and check fues links see if they are melted they might look fine but disconeect the wires and ohm the links.

check the clear connector behind the glovebox to the right there is a black and a clear connectors there. the clear one is for the ignition switch and power to the computer and dash.