You can type here any text you want

J&e pistons

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

drturbo69

Have these new pistons forged 3.860 bore dish-.250 comp.ht.1.717
what combo stroke&rod will work? Going in stage 1 3.8 maybe? Is dish alot looks to be? Thanks in advance for any help.
Thanks doc

Also forgot-i have bms rods 5.96 &a new rolled filet crank has never been machined & no keyway-can this be offset ground-you can see rolled fillets.
Thanks doc

If you already have the rods and pistons and know the deck height you are stuck with whatever stroke puts the piston up to "zero deck height"

well lets see....

easy math here.... use search button next time.

1.7+1.717+5.96=9.377

block deck height +/- .005 = 9.53

9.53 - 9.377 = .153 in the hole.

A.j.

Have these new pistons forged 3.860 bore dish-.250 comp.ht.1.717
what combo stroke&rod will work? Going in stage 1 3.8 maybe? Is dish alot looks to be? Thanks in advance for any help.
Thanks doc

60 over pistons :eek: :eek:

Are you going to sleeve the block?

Pistons

Thanks 9 sec. This is what i was looking for-what is safe bore on a stage 1 is 3.860 unheard of? Will have sonic check.how about the -.250 dish depth?what about comp. 9.0? With right head gasket.these came from ans performance.just didnt know what combo they where for.
Thanks for the input doc

Doc

Check the pin diameter of the pistons and check the small end of the rods to see if there a match...piston may have a .927" pin and rod maybe bushed for a .940" pin .I think .60" over would be OK on Stg1 (#12) block if that's what you have and not a SG1 block (same as a 109) You might be able to pull of a 9:1 depends on you deck heigth of the block and gasket thickness. Good Luck with the project.

Pistons

Yep #12 extra head bolts allready done.will be using m&a heads stage 3 slight port rods are bushed for 927 pistons 927.i have billet caps to install in 2 bolt or 4 bolt for center.what do you thing will be best.will be studed caps and heads.do you know if champion heads are same part # needed for studs? Will have a pt70 4" inlet & outlet 81 exh. This is going in 27 street altered to play with.
Thanks for all your advice doc
just trying to get a plan and use some parts allready have.trans will be glide or 350?

Typically you wouldn't build an engine around a set of pistons. You should figure out what bore,stroke, rod length and deck height will be and order a set of apropriate size pistons which will give you the compression ratio you want.

Neal

Typically you wouldn't build an engine around a set of pistons. You should figure out what bore,stroke, rod length and deck height will be and order a set of apropriate size pistons which will give you the compression ratio you want.

Neal
Great post. You typically wouldnt build it around any particular part(s) unless you are class racing.

pistons

yea i know-just trying to use these parts i have on a budget-like alot of people nowadays.have bgc intake 83LBers and old batchfire accell.hamburger aluminum road race pan.atr 4 bolts. stainless to make 4" down pipe.roadster ready to go except eng.& trans.going to be interesting.plan on starting a post with progress pics-titled on a budget.
thanks doc

Back