You can type here any text you want

Jimmy's Trans

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

BlackMetal

I've had my car back from Jimmy for about 2 weeks now and realized I never came back to thank all the Midwest guys for the recommendation to visit him. I was considering various 2004R transmissions that you can buy online, buy when everyone saw that I lived in Chicago, you told me to save my effort and go see Jimmy.

Great guy, had no problem installing my Pat's 10" converter instead of pressuring me to buy the Precision converters that he sells himself. Any time I asked a question he would walk me over to a trans that he already had apart from someone else's car and pick up the parts and explain exactly what he does. I'm sure talking to customers isn't easy since he's the only guy there answering phones and doing all the work, but he never seemed rude and was glad to answer any questions I had, despite the fact that he had work to do.

Only bad part was taking my car back and driving away realizing I'd probably never have the pleasure of working with him again unless something happens with my trans, wasn't worried at all leaving my car with him for 3 days.

Best thing about him was that he talked me out of doing a mechanical trans brake or an aftermarket shifter based on what I plan to do with the car and how often I drive it, so he obviously isn't in it for the money. He could have easily agreed to do everything I wanted and squeezed another $500+ in parts and labor out of me, but he told me what I did and didn't need in a street car and talked me out of most of what I wanted. Can't beat honesty like that.

So thanks for pointing me in the right direction guys. My drag radials don't stand a chance against the higher stall and firmer shifts. :)

Jimmys ?

Jimmy is that good? I live around Harlem & Ogden,I guess I"ll give him a call.Thanks Guys, Forrest

Jimmys the man. I had him rebuild my trans. about 2years ago and its still shifts as good as the day he built it. Good guy!!

Only problem I have now is that I blew both headgaskets!! At least the trans is still good!

Back