joined the club ~~~~ got questions????

ttaowner

i laid down a $500 deposit on a 2 owner 1998 buick park ave ultra with the supercharged engine. 102,000 miles new belts and idler pulleys,fresh battery, newer brakes good tires and over all really good shape and has about every option and i feel a steal at $2500

question # 1 i stripped a 98 regal gs this summer and the engines appear identical from what i remember are they?

#2 any other cars BESIDES GM use the 5 on 115 mm bolt pattern?

#3 what forums are good for used mods / advice on these cars?

#4 when headers are bought for these cars does the downpipe come with any of them? is a downpipe diffrent from manifolds to headers?

#5 is the ecm the same between the regal gs and the ultra in the 1998 model year?

#6 what will headers,dp,cold air kit fenderwell,new plugs, fuel filter,new wires,no cat, 180 t stat and smaller pulley net me with sticky tires et wise

any other mods or advice i will take it

i laid down a $500 deposit on a 2 owner 1998 buick park ave ultra with the supercharged engine. 102,000 miles new belts and idler pulleys,fresh battery, newer brakes good tires and over all really good shape and has about every option and i feel a steal at $2500

question # 1 i stripped a 98 regal gs this summer and the engines appear identical from what i remember are they?

engine is the same other than different rear exhaust manifold and motor mounts coil bracket etc - long block /sc/tb etc... all the same being both cars are 98's , 99 or newer would have a different TB

#2 any other cars BESIDES GM use the 5 on 115 mm bolt pattern?

not sure but the mustang bolt pattern is close enough that many people use them some use hub centric rings many others dont... much easier to find mustang rims for sale with DR's or slicks mounted than w body fyi (5X114.3 ??I think is the mustang pattern

#3 what forums are good for used mods / advice on these cars?

www.regalgs.org , 3800Pro.com Forum club gp but there is a lot of drama and you have to be careful who you buy from but there are typically a lot of parts listed there - very active forum..... in your area www.nepontiac.org is where all the local 3800 guys from new england hang out

#4 when headers are bought for these cars does the downpipe come with any of them? is a downpipe diffrent from manifolds to headers?

included most of the time- headers will require a different downpipe than the performance downpipe you would use with manifolds. if you check out the local forum I linked I have a very nice set of coated , catted slp headers for sale there as well as many other items - I try to keep stuff local to avoid dealing with shipping

#5 is the ecm the same between the regal gs and the ultra in the 1998 model year?

not sure

#6 what will headers,dp,cold air kit fenderwell,new plugs, fuel filter,new wires,no cat, 180 t stat and smaller pulley net me with sticky tires et wise
on a w body I have had several in the low to mid 13's with those mods , on the bigger heavier car I would say 13.9 ish..

any other mods or advice i will take it

biggest is dont focus on pulley size or boost number and be sure to do a modular pulley system not a press on so you can adjust size as necessary - the most common mistake made is too small a pulley for mods and tune in place , start conservative and if you can acheive good WOT timing 16*to 19* or thereabouts without any KR then its time to drop pulleys , also handy to have a modular ( quick change) so you can pulley down at the track on race fuel a 3.5 pulley wil make more power at 9psi than it will at 14 psi - 14 psi would be boost stacking on a 3.5 and produce a lot of heat and likely knock retard whereas 9 psi on a 3.5 likely has real good exhaust flow in place allowing lots of timing

Love my GS! Do any of you guys have a tan drivers front armrest for my GS? Mine has a tiny, tiny split in it that I would like to be rid of. Was there when I got the car.......