You can type here any text you want

Just back from..

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Chuck Leeper

Toxic old bastard
Staff member
my buds range...:cool:

Used up a bunch of .223 in the AR, a couple clips thru the Glock 40 cal, several thru a WW2 Garand!
[Hadn't been shot in 35 yrs!] A Colt Trooper .357.
Also, a unique piece, a Mauser "broom handle", .563. Also, hadn't been shot for 30+ yrs!

The AR @ 100yds was really good. The others, not so much.:smuggrin:

What make is the garand. I have a H and R. Not super nice but a decent shooter. I think it was a civilan marksmanship program gun.. sell me that trooper

Used up a bunch of .223 in the AR, a couple clips thru the Glock 40 cal, several thru a WW2 Garand!
Also, a unique piece, a Mauser "broom handle", .563. Also, hadn't been shot for 30+ yrs!

This past week was quite busy at my house , we had 3 shooting days and must have gone through a 1000 rounds of various calibers . I had a friend come over to help figure out which hand gun he was going to buy . .380's , 9mm , 40 sw , 357 mag , and just for fun , 454 casull super redhawk , 358jdj T/C Contender and 300 win mag out of a Savage 110BA . Day 2 another friend from Atlanta wanted to shoot , so we did it all over again ! Saturday was time to sight in a friends 30 06 he just got and my son's AR . I'm lucky that I have a 200 yd range with a 12'x 16' range house ( with heat ) in my back yard & great neighbors ! Believe it or not I live in NY . :D

This past week was quite busy at my house , we had 3 shooting days and must have gone through a 1000 rounds of various calibers . I had a friend come over to help figure out which hand gun he was going to buy . .380's , 9mm , 40 sw , 357 mag , and just for fun , 454 casull super redhawk , 358jdj T/C Contender and 300 win mag out of a Savage 110BA . Day 2 another friend from Atlanta wanted to shoot , so we did it all over again ! Saturday was time to sight in a friends 30 06 he just got and my son's AR . I'm lucky that I have a 200 yd range with a 12'x 16' range house ( with heat ) in my back yard & great neighbors ! Believe it or not I live in NY . :D
Damn..wish I would have known. I need to do some shooting.

Phil , we can shoot on the weekend if you like , give me a call .

I went to a gun show Saturday , picked up 500 rounds for the AR and a T dot scope.
Saw a bunch of Garands ranging from $875.00 to just over $4,000.00 ...
There was a Broom handle there as well in .563 that was in bad shape. All in all the prices were high on all of the guns but the ammo was reasonable ( in today's standards)

My youngest son wants a Garand, as well as an AK , SKS and the list goes on.

We went through about 460 rounds in the AR on Christmas eve, several boxes of .380 , dozen or so in a Mauser that is my Father in law's gun, 20 or so in 7.62x54 in my sons Mosin Nagant , and several mags in a Makarov that my son owns in 9mmx18 ....made a lot of noise for my in law's neighbors ...:)
Then came out the 12 ga with slugs , damn it kicks !! Only shot that one once.

Back