Just back from..

Chuck Leeper

Toxic old bastard
Staff member
my buds range...:cool:

Used up a bunch of .223 in the AR, a couple clips thru the Glock 40 cal, several thru a WW2 Garand!
[Hadn't been shot in 35 yrs!] A Colt Trooper .357.
Also, a unique piece, a Mauser "broom handle", .563. Also, hadn't been shot for 30+ yrs!

The AR @ 100yds was really good. The others, not so much.:smuggrin:

What make is the garand. I have a H and R. Not super nice but a decent shooter. I think it was a civilan marksmanship program gun.. sell me that trooper

Used up a bunch of .223 in the AR, a couple clips thru the Glock 40 cal, several thru a WW2 Garand!
Also, a unique piece, a Mauser "broom handle", .563. Also, hadn't been shot for 30+ yrs!

This past week was quite busy at my house , we had 3 shooting days and must have gone through a 1000 rounds of various calibers . I had a friend come over to help figure out which hand gun he was going to buy . .380's , 9mm , 40 sw , 357 mag , and just for fun , 454 casull super redhawk , 358jdj T/C Contender and 300 win mag out of a Savage 110BA . Day 2 another friend from Atlanta wanted to shoot , so we did it all over again ! Saturday was time to sight in a friends 30 06 he just got and my son's AR . I'm lucky that I have a 200 yd range with a 12'x 16' range house ( with heat ) in my back yard & great neighbors ! Believe it or not I live in NY . :D

This past week was quite busy at my house , we had 3 shooting days and must have gone through a 1000 rounds of various calibers . I had a friend come over to help figure out which hand gun he was going to buy . .380's , 9mm , 40 sw , 357 mag , and just for fun , 454 casull super redhawk , 358jdj T/C Contender and 300 win mag out of a Savage 110BA . Day 2 another friend from Atlanta wanted to shoot , so we did it all over again ! Saturday was time to sight in a friends 30 06 he just got and my son's AR . I'm lucky that I have a 200 yd range with a 12'x 16' range house ( with heat ) in my back yard & great neighbors ! Believe it or not I live in NY . :D
Damn..wish I would have known. I need to do some shooting.

Phil , we can shoot on the weekend if you like , give me a call .

I went to a gun show Saturday , picked up 500 rounds for the AR and a T dot scope.
Saw a bunch of Garands ranging from $875.00 to just over $4,000.00 ...
There was a Broom handle there as well in .563 that was in bad shape. All in all the prices were high on all of the guns but the ammo was reasonable ( in today's standards)

My youngest son wants a Garand, as well as an AK , SKS and the list goes on.

We went through about 460 rounds in the AR on Christmas eve, several boxes of .380 , dozen or so in a Mauser that is my Father in law's gun, 20 or so in 7.62x54 in my sons Mosin Nagant , and several mags in a Makarov that my son owns in 9mmx18 ....made a lot of noise for my in law's neighbors ...:)
Then came out the 12 ga with slugs , damn it kicks !! Only shot that one once.