You can type here any text you want

JUST BAUGHT 87 still looking for advice

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

liv4gnz

ok i picked it up it bossts up fine havent went wot yet but im pretty much blind no boost or a/f or scan master gage

besides spring cleaning

where can i find the chepaest scan master and what version and how do i install it

where do i splice in the line for a boost gage

why doesnt my tach match actuel cars rpms

where should i buy the fuel pump hotwire kit from and should i upgrade the pump and injectors and fpr

andd

where should i order a chip from

thank you all in advance sorry these cars are pretty new to me just wanted to know the basics ask me a question about an ls1 or 4g63 and youll have a book thankss

ok i picked it up it bossts up fine havent went wot yet but im pretty much blind no boost or a/f or scan master gage

besides spring cleaning

where can i find the chepaest scan master and what version and how do i install it

where do i splice in the line for a boost gage

why doesnt my tach match actuel cars rpms

where should i buy the fuel pump hotwire kit from and should i upgrade the pump and injectors and fpr

andd

where should i order a chip from

thank you all in advance sorry these cars are pretty new to me just wanted to know the basics ask me a question about an ls1 or 4g63 and youll have a book thankss

Fullthrottlespeed.com for scanmaster.. instructions come with it., fuel pump and hotwire kit as well
you can either go with Bob's chip also at fullthrottlespeed.com
or turbotweak.com for erics chip. both work great.

Boost gauge splice is best at vac line going to charcol canister

The Car you BOUGHT <---- notice spelling) will give you great pleasure but stay out of it untill you can monitor and tune or it will give you great displeasure

These are questions where you are going to get 90% of the same answers from each member.

Mike at Full Throttle for Scanmaster, pump and hotwire.
Eric at TurboTweak for chip and injectors.
Vac line to charcoal canister is where I got mine. Works great.
Rpm's on my dash do not match my tach either, but they do match my Scanmaster. It will read rpm's also. Forget the dash.

Have fun and welcome to the worlds collection of money pits...LOL
I changed the saying...If it has tits or a turbo, your gonna have trouble with it.

Thanks
Coach

All the above is great advice on answering your questions. To learn more tips and tricks I recommend Pete Hoffmans engine book, also two books I have written Tips, Trivia, and Sources for 1986 & 1987 Tubro Regals Volume 1 and Volume 2. These books are based on having bought and sold over 300 of the 1986-1987 Turbo Regals.

Our website is kirbanperformance.com

look under book section

denniskirban@yahoo.com

turbo tweak has no phone number? the scan master and fuel pump has been ordered i will get a boost gage next and should i do injectors as well togather?

Eric at Turbo Tweak has a day job but he will respond to your e-mail.
and it is well worth the wait......:cool:

He had a combo package chip w/60s. That was a good deal.

Ordered my turbo tweak chip on monday and had it in by Friday. Two thumbs up, as the car idles very nice now. Can't say enough good about it.

how do i know what size injectors are neccesary for me?

If you are changing injectors just buy once and you will have plenty of room for future mods, go with the mototron 60's and matching TT chip.

You have to match your chip with the injectors. If you buy a chip for your stock setup, it will not work with higher volume injectors.

+1 on the mototron 60's, they will take care of your needs from stock to low 11's.

If your going to buy injectors get the combo deal Eric at TT has injectors and chip i baught the 42's but i suggest going with the 60's i wasn't thinking so good when i orderd mine probably will have to upgrade later so just buy the 60's and be done with it

thanks for the input jusat ordered

injectors 60# with chip
fuel pump
scanmaster
2 gage pod holder
boost gage
160* t stat

whats the next steps waste gate?

im doing the convertor trans and possible heads last right now out of the question

when does the turbo need to be upgraded and how do you raise/lower boost with an adj waste gate? and from where

and should i order a adjustable fuel pressure regulator and from who?

what about throttle body or intake plenum or spacer and what does a maf translator do and why do they use an ls1 maf?

thanks eveyrone in advance for helping me out with all this idk what i would do with out this site

when would i need to upgrade the intercooler and the housing from the turbo to downpipe what is that called becasue there is no way its coming off without breaking lol even if i heat them up to cherry red they are 99.9 percent going to break i just want to plan ahead

You would be suprised, they come off easier than I thought. Looks brown and rusty, but mine loosened up nicely. You can get a nice running car with a stock turbo. The downpipe is next. I went external gate with the boost controller. Real easy to install and set. The other style are just a turnbuckle I believe. Someone else would have to confirm that. If you add the ALKY and downpipe,just learn how to tune and you will have a blast. Yu cannot build a combo that someone else on here does not have. That is what makes this a special sight. Someone else has done it before you and are always willing to help.

Just keep tinkering.
Coach

You will need the adj. regulator to properly tune your car. The hot-wire kit for the fuel pump is a needed addition as well. You can make your own adj. wastegate. Just do a search on this site, there is plenty of advice on that subject.

You have plenty of go fast parts for now, the only addition I can think of would be some good sticky tires.........and tune, tune, tune..........

as far as tuning do i need other software or you mean by going at the scan master and adjusting boost and timing or is there something im missing when you guys say tune?

You can tune with Scanmaster, but it is easier with a data logging system like Direct Scan or Power Logger. You will need a laptop to use these systems. With these systems you can replay each saved run and view the values of each sensor in your car.

Back