You can type here any text you want

just bought a 1985 buick grand national

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Playboy

5CDB8356-41F9-4DA9-8B3C-49D69AD70D6B.jpeg
DD13E378-10A8-425F-9611-81E9DC7DA202.jpeg
FD079588-F848-4AB9-92CB-C69F6DD1F170.jpeg
i went by opinions on it not being a clone cus of obviouse signs but i looked on youtube and google for the 85 gn with t tops and am getting more and more regretful of my buy

Attachments

• 3945417F-8EF9-4B23-BBAC-4B771EB78FA3.jpeg
    3945417F-8EF9-4B23-BBAC-4B771EB78FA3.jpeg
    4.3 MB · Views: 203
  • 026D581B-6D80-4174-9A07-8857369841E4.jpeg
    026D581B-6D80-4174-9A07-8857369841E4.jpeg
    4.1 MB · Views: 160
  • 9C56E2FF-EBAC-4B15-9285-C069091FFC46.jpeg
    9C56E2FF-EBAC-4B15-9285-C069091FFC46.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 185
any motivational opinions are welcomed thanks in advance from a g.n fan out of houston tx

kirban 2 cents worth...

according to trunk ID label WE2 its a real GN....keep in mind though the 84/85s can be tough to get certain parts for the engine. Its the 86/87 that is the hot ticket....

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Congrats on the purchase! Looks pretty clean, has a posi too! How much did you pay and what are your concerns?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Congrats on the purchase! Looks pretty clean, has a posi too! How much did you pay and what are your concerns?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
i paid $8000.00 seems to cheap to be truth but my conserna are or were as of now if it was a good or too good to be truth that i got one for that low

my friend offered his as well but idk i think i shall rebuilt mines if its an option
4FE6AC88-637B-4DC3-9A4C-0703D6C2B7D0.jpeg

It's a 4 bolt flange on the exhaust side and the 84-85 turbos have a specific compressor housing that will accept the adapter required to install it in the intake manifold. Looks like a nice car. It's takes a bit more to go make them fast but it can be done. Great way to get into a turbo buick. It's to soon to have regrets....that usually comes after you drop thousands in parts lol. Enjoy it for what it is and try not to compare it to an inter cooled car.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

O and scan the hot air section. You'll find lots of help for any issues you may run into.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

That car looks great. Definitely a genuine WE2 Grand National. Has a lot of nice options. Listen with 84-85 turbo regals you have pros and cons.
I own both an 85 and an 86 Grand National (The 86GN my dad waited months for that car and unexpectedly passed away a few months after he got it. Actually he passed away 31 years ago today 11/17. Anyway he told my mom on his death bed that he wanted me to have the car. So it was stored till February of 1990 on my 16th birthday I got my learners permit and my mom handed me the title and keys to the car. 31 years later it could probably still pass as a show car as I only drive it on occasion or to get its insides moving lol). Sorry for my ramble today just hits home a little bit.
So anyway I would never throw any mods in my dads car other then a scanmaster and an Alky kit. You know the mods that protect the car. So I really wanted a grand national that I could go fast in. So I found an 85GN with a spun rod bearing but really nice with an Astro roof. So I did a swap with an 1987 cold air engine snd Brf 200r4. I went with a t44 turbo 60lb injectors, Gauges, 3200 stall TQ, very large fmic, alky,tt chip , maf translator you know I picked a turbo that isn’t too big and supporting mods. And the car pulls really nice and sounds awesome man. I love my 85Gn they are very rare production and they have that beautiful 85-87 interior.
So why am I writing all about my car on your thread right? Well most likely I did have a few beers and now I can’t sleep so I figured I’d talk a little. I hope you don’t mind, because I may be new to this forum but I really know my way all around these cars. I’ve worked on hot air and intercooled turbo regals. So it comes down to 2 choices.

Do you want to:?
A) Go fast
Or
B) have a cool reliable limited production numbers matching car with a little bit of power but no matter what you do unfortunately you won’t win too many races without putting your engine in danger of blowing up from knock. If you don’t care about going fast then I say the very first purchase is to get yourself a scanmaster, make sure you’re oil pressure and coolant temp gauges are accurate. Look up “spring cleaning for a Grand National and follow that word for word as these are the most important things that need to be done to your car before you drive it. Get it running right, post up the scanmaster readings and guys up here will help you. (I actually just picked up a 3rd GN that I’m selling to my cousin and I posted up a video of the problem I was having and got the answer to my problem). So this is a great source or intel on our cars. Then after you have it running perfectly and want to add the very few mods that are available for hot air GNs then definitely purchase an Alky kit to cool down the combustion chambers especially if you turn up your boost.

But if you really wanna go fast like I did. Then do the spring cleaning and start looking around for a 86-87 109 engine because (this is my opinion) the 109 cold air engine is really the only way to go if you want to SAFELY go with a bigger turbo, injectors,fuel pump, etc.
I hope this helps point you in the right direction. It’s actually helping me fall asleep lol. But seriously beautiful car. Definitely a real GN.
My overall opinion, “the best mod you can do for this 85 is sell that engine and buy yourself a good healthy 86-87 109 cold air engine with an intercooler”. Even tho I live in Florida my best friend lives in Houston tx if you’re anywhere near there, I go and chill with him and his family every 2 months if you need any help just buy the pizza. Or feel free to message me if you have any questions.
Good luck and God bless you sir
Bill

Looks like a nice car. As stated definitely a real gn just not an intercooled car. I'd do the basic stuff and enjoy it for what it is. I wouldn't do an intercooled swap it looks too nice of a car to hack it up.

Drive it!

That car looks great. Definitely a genuine WE2 Grand National. Has a lot of nice options. Listen with 84-85 turbo regals you have pros and cons.
I own both an 85 and an 86 Grand National (The 86GN my dad waited months for that car and unexpectedly passed away a few months after he got it. Actually he passed away 31 years ago today 11/17. Anyway he told my mom on his death bed that he wanted me to have the car. So it was stored till February of 1990 on my 16th birthday I got my learners permit and my mom handed me the title and keys to the car. 31 years later it could probably still pass as a show car as I only drive it on occasion or to get its insides moving lol). Sorry for my ramble today just hits home a little bit.
So anyway I would never throw any mods in my dads car other then a scanmaster and an Alky kit. You know the mods that protect the car. So I really wanted a grand national that I could go fast in. So I found an 85GN with a spun rod bearing but really nice with an Astro roof. So I did a swap with an 1987 cold air engine snd Brf 200r4. I went with a t44 turbo 60lb injectors, Gauges, 3200 stall TQ, very large fmic, alky,tt chip , maf translator you know I picked a turbo that isn’t too big and supporting mods. And the car pulls really nice and sounds awesome man. I love my 85Gn they are very rare production and they have that beautiful 85-87 interior.
So why am I writing all about my car on your thread right? Well most likely I did have a few beers and now I can’t sleep so I figured I’d talk a little. I hope you don’t mind, because I may be new to this forum but I really know my way all around these cars. I’ve worked on hot air and intercooled turbo regals. So it comes down to 2 choices.

A) Go fast
Or
B) have a cool reliable limited production numbers matching car with a little bit of power but no matter what you do unfortunately you won’t win too many races without putting your engine in danger of blowing up from knock. If you don’t care about going fast then I say the very first purchase is to get yourself a scanmaster, make sure you’re oil pressure and coolant temp gauges are accurate. Look up “spring cleaning for a Grand National and follow that word for word as these are the most important things that need to be done to your car before you drive it. Get it running right, post up the scanmaster readings and guys up here will help you. (I actually just picked up a 3rd GN that I’m selling to my cousin and I posted up a video of the problem I was having and got the answer to my problem). So this is a great source or intel on our cars. Then after you have it running perfectly and want to add the very few mods that are available for hot air GNs then definitely purchase an Alky kit to cool down the combustion chambers especially if you turn up your boost.

But if you really wanna go fast like I did. Then do the spring cleaning and start looking around for a 86-87 109 engine because (this is my opinion) the 109 cold air engine is really the only way to go if you want to SAFELY go with a bigger turbo, injectors,fuel pump, etc.
I hope this helps point you in the right direction. It’s actually helping me fall asleep lol. But seriously beautiful car. Definitely a real GN.
My overall opinion, “the best mod you can do for this 85 is sell that engine and buy yourself a good healthy 86-87 109 cold air engine with an intercooler”. Even tho I live in Florida my best friend lives in Houston tx if you’re anywhere near there, I go and chill with him and his family every 2 months if you need any help just buy the pizza. Or feel free to message me if you have any questions.
Bill
thanks bro i feel a bit better after reading and googling but im not looking to make it a racing car i just want a weeekend cruiser as i have two similar cars now im not a speed freak im mexican n we like them low and slow lol but im keeping it all stock

well not aimilar to the forum but to the crowd i can fool a few lol but this a 1984 buick regal im making into a grand national look in the outside i made my self convertible too and i got a dashboard and steering wheel plus bucket seats and floor shifter and middle console out of a t type regal that will look into installing some time next uear

A) Go fast
Or

Bill
we dont do pizza down here we do tacos lmao when you down here again let me know ill introduce u to the best tacos in the whole north side of houston tx

Back