Just bought a "Judge"

theCATman

Is that a Monte Carlo?
Nope, not the Pontiac version.... the Taurus version.

Anyone else own one here?? If so, where have you been scoring your .45 Long Colt ammo? I can't find it anywhere. I'd be willing to order from out of state if need be.

Attachments

• 4510-3BCT.jpg
    4510-3BCT.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 387
Yeah get the buckshot for sure:biggrin:

Don't forget the earplugs:eek:

There are a few sites on line that have the ammo. Try Cableas or cheaperthandirt.com... Not the cheapest prices but they should have it... If not send me a PM:biggrin:

I guess I spoke too soon. My daughter had a doctor appointment this late afternoon & after the appointment I stopped into the local Farm & Fleet store & they had 4 boxes of Winchester .45 Long Colt, 50 rounds/box.

My hording, selfish ass bought all 4 boxes.:biggrin:

Now, to score some .410 buckshot.;)

i dont want to sound like an a-hole or a picky person , But colt did not make a 45 long. "This is the improper name for the cartridge and was never used as a legitimate descriptor for the cartridge.It was likely coined to help differentiate the 45 Colt from the younger, shorter, 45 S&W Schofield witch could be used in guns chambered for 45 Colt, but not vice-versa." Sorry please dont take this the wrong way. I just feel the same as most GN and GNX owners would having there cars called a Montie:D Hay just save that brass. You can get it reloaded. Let me tell you it will be cheaper than new. If you dont get it reloaded take to to the next gun show, someone will buy it up. you should get about .06 cents a peace.

i dont want to sound like an a-hole or a picky person , But colt did not make a 45 long. "This is the improper name for the cartridge and was never used as a legitimate descriptor for the cartridge.It was likely coined to help differentiate the 45 Colt from the younger, shorter, 45 S&W Schofield witch could be used in guns chambered for 45 Colt, but not vice-versa." Sorry please dont take this the wrong way. I just feel the same as most GN and GNX owners would having there cars called a Montie:D Hay just save that brass. You can get it reloaded. Let me tell you it will be cheaper than new. If you dont get it reloaded take to to the next gun show, someone will buy it up. you should get about .06 cents a peace.

Yes, I knew that little tidbit of info & you're not offending me in anyway.;)

I think it's also referred to as the Long Colt so people don't try using them in a .45 ACP.

The boxes I bought just state, 45 Colt.

And, I am saving the brass. A family friend reloads.

Both of my older brothers bought the judge last year. They both seem to like them so far. I have the American Derringer model M1. Shoots .45 Long Colt/410 Gauge. Can only shoot a few and that sucker gets red hot and stings the hell out of your hand that's for sure. Great gut buster carry piece :cool:

Attachments

• m1.jpg
    m1.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 272
I buy mine at gun shows. 500 round bags of lead bullet loads on the cheap.

Congrats on your purchase. It's a cool gun for sure. It fits into "hall way clearer" category. I love to shoot one some time.

I bet that little gun bucks like crazy ---

Dunno yet... I can pick it up Thursday, after the "cooling off period":rolleyes:

You can get ones with a magnaported barrel now too. Supposed to help with recoil.

It's a heavy framed gun, so it might not be too bad. Not physically heavy, but heavy frame.

But then again, I've shot my brother-in-laws a Desert Eagle .50. That's a heavy ass gun.... but kicks like an Ass too.:eek:

that's a dangerous derringer philly

i know i've shot 38-357 versions of it and watched another guy shoot it and the locking lever broke and it swung open after it discharged. never liked those. i used to own a 5 shot derringer 22LR american something the last name slips my mind. sure maybe some of us don't care much for a 22 but what i heck of a surprise at how small it was. i miss that gun.

I have a 4" ss. ultralite and a 3" ss. magnum. :biggrin: Love 'em ;)

Look for the new Winchester .410 ammo - Discs and pellets. :eek: