You can type here any text you want

Just Finished the Vacumn Brake Conversion...

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Yankee John

.... on my '87 Grand National that I bought last week. The old Powermaster set-up worked when it wanted to.

This conversion is the first thing everybody with so-so brakes needs to do on a Powermaster-equipped car. I cannot say that I enjoyed replacing the pedal under the dash- That sucked! It took me 4 1/2 hours total to convert, including a trip to the parts store for some vacumn hose, zip ties, and other supplies. For less than $200 total I can finally stop!

I'm going to send my Powermaster into Kirban's for $100 credit for other goodies I'm going to need for the GN.

John

hint........

for us older, well fed guys.
4 bolts to remove the seat, and now you can lay there and contemplate which came first, the chicken or the egg.
oh, it makes the pedal removal much much easier.;)
I know, you are already done with it.

but!, but!, but!.... :eek: vacuum brakes suck! and don't work! :eek: Just ask Powerbrake Bob! :rolleyes:
:p

YES YES!! - Send you P/M to Kirbans for a rebuild!
It keeps them in the market that way.
I have a couple I'm sending in.

Don't bash Bob too much, he's just trying to make a buck.

vac brakes

I've tryed the vac brakes and could not get them to work on my car for some reason.
I need to sell the two powermaster's i have too. i see where he only give 75.00 for them now.
And for bob hydro boost system i bought from him, i finally got him on the phone and was telling the problem i was haveing , them the phone went dead and tryed to call right back on my cell and he would not answer again. So i would not give a light of day anymore after that. Just my opinion of him.

Windmill- I called Kirban's last week and they confirmed that the core credit on a Power Master is $100 :) :D

John

Kirbans deal is $75 cash (check) or $100 credit if you use it to buy more stuff from him.

Personally, I'll stick with the Powermaster until it's either unreasonable to maintain it, or the parts just aren't available.

I was beginning to ask when you replaced the PM pedal with the vacuum one....did you have to tear out the dash just to do it?

I took a look and it looks like it's about the only way to get to the bolt that holds the pedal assembly up.

It looks like it's going to be a real pain in the ass if you lay down on the floor board and remove it.

No doubt a pain. I like the idea of pulling out the seat though. Thats got to help.

Back