Just Got Back, Trip to Lake Norman!

SGRIM

Owner/Admin TB.com
Staff member
Well at the last minute I decided to take my kids on an spring break vacation. So we rented a house at Lake Norman for a week! Man was it awesome! I plan to go back this summer!

What a relaxing atmosphere and just plain nice to look at!

My only gripe is the traffic:eek: I had no idea that many people were in Mooresville NC. It was worse than driving in NYC:eek:

We plan to go back this summer, SO, I need some fishing area tips:biggrin:

I plan to carry my bass boat so bass fishing is top pick! We rented the pontoon boat and I only stayed in my arm and studied the map. I saw plenty of nice "textbook" spots to fish. However without any accompanying cover I didn't get to excited... So is boat docs the best thing to fish?

Also I like catching any fish so any tips on catfish, bream, or anything else in the lake would be helpful:biggrin:

I am a river rat, bass fisherman know what that means. Only lakes I do really well on are very small ones or ones with a nice upriver current area...

I have received tons of phone calls, emails, and PM's. I was pretty much unreachable all week. Just the wife's phone:eek: So if you tried to contact me I am back now:cool:

Shane,

I am glad you had fun with the family.
Do you have any pictures of the lake you can post?

you were down here & you didn't even call me to hook up? :rolleyes: as for Mooresville, it is the cluster F^%$ of the Carolina's. as for fishing, the best place to catch them is in the water. :tongue: be prepared in the summer the lake is so busy it is almost stupid out there.

Shane,

I am glad you had fun with the family.
Do you have any pictures of the lake you can post?

Thanks John! I will have to check with the wife on the pics. It was a last minute thing so I didn't bring my camera. She took all with hers, so I will check!

you were down here & you didn't even call me to hook up? :rolleyes: as for Mooresville, it is the cluster F^%$ of the Carolina's. as for fishing, the best place to catch them is in the water. :tongue: be prepared in the summer the lake is so busy it is almost stupid out there.

I thought about you and some other TB's folks while I was there. It was all for the kids and spent all our time with them so... When I go back, if I can book the same house, I want to ask all you over for a little cook out:biggrin:

You are right about the cluter bomb:rolleyes: Didn't matter if we were on I-77 or a side road, it was bumper to bumper any time of the day... Sit through lights 2-4 times:mad:

We took at trip to Bass Pro shop. It was like 17 miles and took 1hr both ways... That was just nuts. The garmin is half confused and wanted to carry me in circles a few times. Finally I found a direct path and took it everytime:biggrin:

Steve, no one wants to hang out with you and your macaroni :rolleyes::p.

Shane, at my parents house up north we have a pond. The biggest bass we caught was probably 24" and had some girth to it :eek:!!! There are some monster SOB's in that pond. BTW Jay told me about the cheesesteaks :eek: