You can type here any text you want

Just measured my pushrods does this seem right?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

89mulletbird

I have stock TTA heads, morel roller lifters, comp 210/215 cam.

I measured all pushrods to be 7.85 +/- 0.010 at the zero slack point.

So I should probably get all 7.90" pushrods?

I bought the Revolution X cam kit and got 8.05" pushrods with it, I'll have to exchange them it seems.

I have stock TTA heads, morel roller lifters, comp 210/215 cam.

I measured all pushrods to be 7.85 +/- 0.010 at the zero slack point.

So I should probably get all 7.90" pushrods?

I bought the Revolution X cam kit and got 8.05" pushrods with it, I'll have to exchange them it seems.

I would

If you do that you will have no preload on the lifter and it will be extremely noisy like an unlashed soild lifter car. Once you get to the zero lash point you need to add some length for lifter preload unless you can do that with the rockers. The 8.025 would be good if your measurment is correct. I would recommend that you put one of the 8.050 units in and measure actual preload on the lifter.
Mike

Thanks Mike - you got to me before I could even call you today, I'll give that a try first. What's the best way to measure how much preload I'm putting on the lifter?

However, that would be about .200" of preload with the 8.050" pushrods, how much should I be shooting for?

Thanks Mike - you got to me before I could even call you today, I'll give that a try first. What's the best way to measure how much preload I'm putting on the lifter?

However, that would be about .200" of preload with the 8.050" pushrods, how much should I be shooting for?

Yout right those numbers did not register right with me for some reason, you need the 7.90 if you measure is right but that is a pretty big change so unless the block and/or heads were milled, you are using a thin head gasket or the valves are sunk in the head pretty deep I am curious why. Not saying it is not impossible or wrong just wondering why? I like around .050 or so so you are in the ballpark. If you need one to try let me know or just run the tool out an check the preload that way
Mike

Stock type head gasket, I called Champion and they said the valve length is same as stock valve. Heads and block are not milled down.

Mike - do you see the same pushrod lengths for GN's and TTA's or is it different because of the TTA head?

Last i knew 7.85 +.050 was 7.9 and that gave .050 preload like he thought :confused: 8.025 will give .175 preload:eek: Id suggest buying an adjustable length checker and using it and sending it at the length you got to Mike and have him get one .050 longer than it. Then you will be gtg

I found the issue, I was told in the TTA forum the Morel roller lifter is .175 taller than the Comp roller lifter. I did use an adjustable pushrod to do all my measurements. They were all 7.84 - 7.86 so definitely going with the 7.90 pushrods on all lifters.

Back