You can type here any text you want

Just raced a supercharged corvette

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

toomanymodz

Sooo, I went by a buddies house and we were talking. We decided to swap cars and drive each other's cars. I took his Pantera for a spin, went and got gas and rode shotgun as he raced his Pantera against a stock C6. It was pretty much a tie so we went back to his house. He wanted his wife to drive my grand national so she agreed and I handed her the keys.

She drove it pretty gingerly and I couldn't talk her into mashing the go pedal, which was fine. We turned around to go back home and just then a highly modded C6 went past us. We sped up and caught up with it to check it out. It was a flat black corvette with a huge wing, some type of aftermarket hood with two snorkel holes. The hood reminded me of a Formula Firebird hood. It had the sticky tires, supercharged emblems etc.

Anyhow we caught a red light and was behind him. She and I quickly swapped seats because she didn't want to race my car against this guy. The light turned green and I was hoping he'd get into it right away so that I could rip off his bumper. He stayed light on the throttle and at around 40 MPH he mashed it. He got a little bit of a jump but I mashed the gas and the boost spooled up and we started reeling him in like a big fish. Once he saw me coming and about to pass him he let off and I had to hit the brakes pretty hard so that I wouldn't smash into him.

He stayed back for a while, a bit embarrassed that his macho V8 with a supercharger couldn't pull on my little V6. The traffic started getting heavy so we turned around and went back home. I don't think he wanted another piece anyways.

Having a vette for dinner was a nice treat.

Nice kill , were u able to hear the whining of the sc? Thats a nice sound..not better than a spooling turbo tho..

My car gets pretty loud under boost. All I could hear was my exhaust buzzing away.

Good kill.

Love the sound of my turbo loaded. Sounds like the scream of an eagle. Really turns heads.

Mikey

Was there one o' them there Canadian's behind the wheel o' that 'Vette?:p

I ask 'cuz I hear tell them Canadian Vette's 'er faster 'n any Turbo Regal from the States.

I'm already purdy shure them Vette's done turn better, tho..... cuz they always make that first turn off at the drag strip.......... I've seen it so many times in my rear view mirror it's hard to argue.......

Was there one o' them there Canadian's behind the wheel o' that 'Vette?:p

I ask 'cuz I hear tell them Canadian Vette's 'er faster 'n any Turbo Regal from the States.

I'm already purdy shure them Vette's done turn better, tho..... cuz they always make that first turn off at the drag strip.......... I've seen it so many times in my rear view mirror it's hard to argue.......

Racist!

Yes they do! Another little story: Last week a buddy of mine came down from Cleveland to visit. He and his son and I grabbed some pizza at a carry-out and noticed a Stang parked next to the GN. It was modded with wide tires, tach on the dash etc. As we walked towards my car, the mustang owner got in his car and started to leave. The car had a big cam and exhaust and sounded pretty healthy. I wanted a little action so we quickly hopped in the GN and followed him to the main road. He pulled out and I followed right behind him. As soon as he got straight he nailed it...so I answered. I was on his bumper the whole time and had to back-pedal the throttle to keep from getting too close. I could hear him ripping through the gears. I think me being on his bumper crushed his concentration (and ego) and he missed a shift. haha. We caught up with traffic so we couldn't have another go at it.

Yes they do! Another little story: Last week a buddy of mine came down from Cleveland to visit. He and his son and I grabbed some pizza at a carry-out and noticed a Stang parked next to the GN. It was modded with wide tires, tach on the dash etc. As we walked towards my car, the mustang owner got in his car and started to leave. The car had a big cam and exhaust and sounded pretty healthy. I wanted a little action so we quickly hopped in the GN and followed him to the main road. He pulled out and I followed right behind him. As soon as he got straight he nailed it...so I answered. I was on his bumper the whole time and had to back-pedal the throttle to keep from getting too close. I could hear him ripping through the gears. I think me being on his bumper crushed his concentration (and ego) and he missed a shift. haha. We caught up with traffic so we couldn't have another go at it.

Where are you located?

Thanks for your consideration and understanding, guys.
It's a sore subject for me as you can imagine.

One more thing....Buffalo Wings don't come from Buffalo just so you know.o_O

Back