You can type here any text you want

just wondering

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

wile87

BEEP BEEP MY ASS
of all the people that list chicago as where your from how many of you guys or gals are actually within the city. a big place i know. lets say around harlem and north ave. how close are you

I lived in the city from 1981-1995, some what the heart of ghetto around Division and Kostner. Then I moved around, now I live in Elburn. It's about 60 miles west of Downtown but I still work in downtown Chicago.
Oh ya, the reason I went that far out west is because the damn cars, they kept getting me in trouble. I had no place to keep them and the county kept giving me violation notices for having too many cars on my property so I had go out and buy a Farm.
Usually I take the Metra to work but on the weekends I drive into the city to to buy car stuff or visit the flea Market to buy some "Pops" speakers or even just to get some "Famous Jimmy's hot dogs " on Grand and Pulaski.

Prasad

5-6 miles away from that intersection. Outside Chicago city limits.

been to jimmy's many times. like to stop there after goin to a hawks game and gettin tanked. gooood eaten. ever had a dog from gene&judes on river road. same kind of greasy fresh cut fries which fleamarket do you go to?. hey jay, did i read right that you don't have that motor in your car anymore?

Yep, It's gone. Block was cracked, heads weren't mine, gave the pistons and rods away (TRW) and chipped a gear tooth on the cam, the intake was milled to work with the block. I may just stick a 350 in it and be happy.:eek:

Attachments

• DSCF0082.jpg
    DSCF0082.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 111
  • DSCF0080.jpg
    DSCF0080.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 103
i hear ya on the price for stickers. live in the city but all my vehicles are registered in elmwood park. daley and the city can kiss my ass. moving back to burbs as soon as i find a place i can keep my dog. jay, how did the block crack? do you still have the headers or did they go with the heads. what are you looking to spend on a motor. friend of mine has a few nice sb chebys:eek: in his garage that are ready to go.

i hear ya on the price for stickers. live in the city but all my vehicles are registered in elmwood park. daley and the city can kiss my ass. moving back to burbs as soon as i find a place i can keep my dog. jay, how did the block crack? do you still have the headers or did they go with the heads. what are you looking to spend on a motor. friend of mine has a few nice sb chebys:eek: in his garage that are ready to go.

I have yet to figure it out myself. Too much knock is my guess. The headers are gone too but one was cracked badly anyway. Hmm... Give my a few hours, the Chevy idea will pass...:biggrin:

I have yet to figure it out myself. Too much knock is my guess. The headers are gone too but one was cracked badly anyway. Hmm... Give my a few hours, the Chevy idea will pass...:biggrin:

Buicks or anything can be overwhelming sometimes. Buicks built right sure can take a beating! Detonation is the killer for any engine :frown: tune tune tune.. NO KNOCK :cool:

Buicks or anything can be overwhelming sometimes. Buicks built right sure can take a beating! Detonation is the killer for any engine :frown: tune tune tune.. NO KNOCK :cool:

Yeah...I "am" still learning. I don't blow head gaskets and break cranks anymore but am getting the hang of this slow and steady process. I have alot of great peolpe in my corner so I will look forward to getting it back on the road. I have alot of respect for cars that make it in the tens on pump gas and alky now, and admiration for the ones that can make it to the nines. When I find the guy that said "It ain't that hard.....":mad: You can throw all the parts at a TR you want, just adds weight if you can't tune it!

Yep, It's gone. Block was cracked, heads weren't mine, gave the pistons and rods away (TRW) and chipped a gear tooth on the cam, the intake was milled to work with the block. I may just stick a 350 in it and be happy.:eek:

man this really sucks,hope you get her up and running soon.
PS. stay away from any chevy motor;)

I have a nice motor in my sig. if you want;) .......

Back