You can type here any text you want

JW converter for 2004R

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Killerolds

This is a Almost NEW, bought this season in May, less then 200 miles on it. JW 10" 27 spline converter NON-LOCKUP. Stall is 32-3400, TQ multiplecation is 2.3:1. It is JW's Ultra Comp converter. Worked great in my Cutlass with a Bigblock Olds 455. Shaved .3 off my Et's. I Strecthed #7 rod and spun bearing. Stripped car, and have some parts for sale. That is why I am selling it. It has Antiballoning plates. Cost me $525 New, will sell for $400obo plus shipping. Please email or PM me if intrested. I know I am a newbie here, but if your wondering about my rep as a seller, go to realoldspower.com and ask some guys over there, and they will tell you I am honest and sell excatly what I describe. No bull. Thanks

This is a Almost NEW, bought this season in May, less then 200 miles on it. JW 10" 27 spline converter NON-LOCKUP. Stall is 32-3400, TQ multiplecation is 2.3:1. It is JW's Ultra Comp converter. Worked great in my Cutlass with a Bigblock Olds 455. Shaved .3 off my Et's. I Strecthed #7 rod and spun bearing. Stripped car, and have some parts for sale. That is why I am selling it. It has Antiballoning plates. Cost me $525 New, will sell for $400obo plus shipping. Please email or PM me if intrested. I know I am a newbie here, but if your wondering about my rep as a seller, go to realoldspower.com and ask some guys over there, and they will tell you I am honest and sell excatly what I describe. No bull. Thanks
Hi,
How does this compare to a Billet 9x11 32-3400 stall converter?Let me know
im looking for a converter!
John Alstrand

I cannot answer that question, I just dont know. I know Bruce has great stuff, and I have used some of his parts in my 2004R, but this JW converter is also a great converter for the money. Thanks

I cannot answer that question, I just dont know. I know Bruce has great stuff, and I have used some of his parts in my 2004R, but this JW converter is also a great converter for the money. Thanks
Killerolds,
Ok,My 2004R has a lock-up converter in it now,and is mostly street driven.
How will your non-lockup work on the street & freeway?How hard is it to change my 2004R to a non lock-up?Will 27 spline work with my 2004R?Let me know im interested.
Thanks, John

Killerolds,
Ok,My 2004R has a lock-up converter in it now,and is mostly street driven.
How will your non-lockup work on the street & freeway?How hard is it to change my 2004R to a non lock-up?Will 27 spline work with my 2004R?Let me know im interested.
Thanks, John

I am NOT a trans expert or builder, but I do know you have to change the Valve in the front pump in order to switch to a NON Lockup. Its not hard, just drop the pan and you can access it. also remove the lockup soloniod, its held in by a single bolt, I think 10mm head. It VERY street friendly. This converter was pretty tight in my car. It would pull out on its own with no gas, almost like it didnt have a converter. At very light throttle, you didnt even notice much slippage at all. But I was running it behind a Big Block Olds that put out some big TQ. That has alot to do with the way it acts. I could only get it to stall at 2500 on the foot brake. Anymore, it locked up to much and would overpower the brakes and just push the car. But when I was at the trackm I would stall it to 2500RPM, then drop the hammer on green. I watched my tach, and it instanly jumped up to 3400 and lifted the front wheels off the ground. Best 60ft was a 1.62. Not great, but not bad either for a low stall converter. I was running a Street Edge converter before this JW, it was the same converter. It was 9.5" 32-3400 stall, non lockup. My best 60ft was 1.77 with the street edge. Average was 1.8 60ft. All I did was swap this JW converter in their, and went to a consistent 1.62-1.65 60ft, and pick up MPH!! Not much, but went from 113 to a 114.75. It a good converter. I would buy again if I would ever run a 2004R again. Thanks, and I hope I answered all of your questions. Anymore, just ask.

Killerolds,
Hi its john again,thanks for the info.It sure does sound good.Im very interested but want to call Tim from tech at JW and tell him about your converter and my 87 Turbo T to see what he has to say about how it would
work with my car.So i will be talking at you later.
Thank's, John Alstrand

img1168ab7.jpg
img1160sq9.jpg
img1161cj9.jpg
img1162ek3.jpg
img1163nx6.jpg
img1164em5.jpg
img1165st4.jpg
img1166ox8.jpg
img1167wb1.jpg

Killerolds,
I talked to JW and Tim said your converter would work well with my set-up,
So Id like to buy it! Will you sell it for $390 shipped? And can I pay you with
a USPS Money Order? One more thing,can I send you a money order for $200
now and the other $190 on 9/7/2007?If all this is good let me know and give
me your address so I can get the 1st money order out to you tomarrow.

Thanks,
John Alstrand

Back