K+N filters

jlat

hello people; What do you turbo heads think of aftermarket filters in a newer vehicle? My 13 Honda CRV is needing a air filter soon and I'm thinking about it. K+N also has one for the cabin. I wonder if that one is oil impregnated?
IBBY

I personally hate oiled filters. I will be removing my K&N that's on my GN as soon as I get my LS1 MAF & Translator.

Napa Gold air filters in everything else I own.

i have a big K&N cone filter in my T Type, but mostly because it was in there when i got the car. i've cleaned it twice in the 11 years i've had the car. i don't know if it's good, bad, or whatever: but it's there and it's staying there.

you can buy a lot of NAPA Gold/Wix filters for the price of a single K&N..

I personally hate oiled filters. I will be removing my K&N that's on my GN as soon as I get my LS1 MAF & Translator.

Napa Gold air filters in everything else I own.
hello; Your still going to need a air filter. So are you going to go with a paper Napa Gold?
IBBY

I have been advised to go AEM. Napa gold is only for OE applications so unless your using the factory intake box that won't work.

Never mind. Just realized your in the turbo lounge and talking about a Honda. Just use a Napa gold paper and the Napa gold cabin filter. The cabin filter comes in a white box and they really should be changed more frequently than people think. Every time I change them they are disgusting. Cut down on HVAC airflow too

i have a big K&N cone filter in my T Type, but mostly because it was in there when i got the car. i've cleaned it twice in the 11 years i've had the car. i don't know if it's good, bad, or whatever: but it's there and it's staying there.

you can buy a lot of NAPA Gold/Wix filters for the price of a single K&N..

With that K & N filter you have, you're liable to get oil from it onto the MAS wire......will foul it up....get and cone unoiled one instead......

Bruce '87 Grand National

ive been through it with our fleet of dmaxes with casrquest fuel filters saying they are wix ! they might be wix but id rather pay $50 than $30 and know my diesel injectors aren't getting trash in them

Not on a Honda, but I run an Amsoil 9" cone filter on my GN. Replaced the K&N that came with the car. Part # EAAU3090 on the Amsoil website. Plenty of different sizes to choose from.