K&N users - How did you install Grumpy style pipe?

turbotaguy

To those of you using a K&N cone style filter, how did you install it? Where did you put the MAF sensor and the inlet temp sensor?

I bought a MAF pipe from Grumpy and thought the install would be very intuitive. Do you just mount the MAF sensor at the end of the pipe, then add another small piece of pipe after that where the filter attaches?

I'd appreicate some pics if you folks have them. The MAF sensor doesn't want to fit nicely because of the radiator hose, cruise, etc.

What did you guys do? I can't wait to get this thing on.

turbotaguy said:
Is that your MAF just before the filter? Where did you put the inlet air temp sensor?

Just did my mine...you have to drill a hole in the neck of the K+N and fit it in. I had posted this question about 2 weeks ago when I broke my iat sensor :redface: ...it takes a 3/8 bit. I have Grumpys pipe connected with a 4 inch hose extension he sent..then the maf ...then the K+N and it fits half into the fenderwell. Scared the hell out of me when I give it some throttle cuz you can HEAR the air rushing in. PS You did remove the original setup??