You can type here any text you want

Ken Bell Chip

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Too much timing for your pump gas there.

What's the model number of the chip?

He also has a Hypertech Chip. Its suposed to be for stock injectors and stock turbo. No nuber for it though.

I ran a 9006U for 10 years on my stocker, using 94 pump gas.

I'd use that one with fuel pressure around 43lbs. static.

For now anyway, I'd get a turbotweak chip as an upgrade as soon as possible.

If you are looking to buy these chips just say no and get a new one from TurboTweak.

OK Thanks I'll take your advice And go ahead and spend the money on a Turbotweak chip. These others were on E-bay and going cheap. So far on the car I have changed the Thermostat to a 160, bypasted the hot water to the throtle body, ported the stock bell, added breathers to the valve covers and put on a ram air set up. This was all done after the spring cleaning and changing all the vacume lines. They where os bad I'm suprised it even ran. My next steps are going with a gutted cat, LT1 MAF, chip, Hot Wired and upgraded fuel pump. I have an adjustable fuel presure regulator on the shelf for when I put that on. After those modifacations I think I'll just drive it ant call it good. Anyway agian, Thanks for your advice.

You are welcome.

I seriously doubt todays gas especially if lower than 93 octane in CA could run that chip well in your car.

The lower timing TurboTweak chip will be much better for the car and it's a modification that is most important for driveablility that most don't want to seem to spend the money on to get right.

Not quite sure why....

Bought a few used chips myself over the years and most sucked. ;)

Make sure your stock injectors are clean, I run a gallon of xylene and 4 gallons of gas once a year to clean them out. Better than fuel injector cleaner in a bottle. :)

Good luck. :cool:

OK Thanks agian. The highest octain is 91 around here. Where can a guy pick up a gallon of xylene? And a Turbo Tweak chip for that mater? The guy I got it from had just had the injectors cleaned at the dealer right before I bought the car. He even had the recieat showwing it. It had sat about 2 months after he had it done before I bought the car. I have ran the add in cleaner for about 5 fill ups from when I bought it. Is the xylene hard on the o2 sensor?

For small change that a new chip costs (less than $100), you should update to some newer technology. Theres been a lot of advancements since Kenny Bell quit making stuff for buicks.

kb chip

I had a KB chip years back and my stock chip was .1-.2 quicker in the 1/8 mile.

my car is a basic stock set up and i have the stock, reds 93, turbotweak,and an old hpertec stage 2. everybody laughs at the hypertech, guess which chip is .15 faster than the others? the hypertech!!!

Back