KEVINS

VictoryTrans

The cars stock....I swear
Today my dad installed the Wolfe control arms and removed the airbags. He said you can push the rear of the car down and the tires will contact the top of the outer wheelwell lip. When the Wolfe-bar is installed will we have any problems??? I know you said the airbags are obsolete now, but I didn't think the rear would drop this much. Thanks

Yep tires may hit. The Wolfe bar doesn't hinder normal suspension travel (virtical movememnt) only the twisting movement so the tires may hit.

ks:(

So I guess we have to run airbags anyway......which is alright, but will it affect the bar adjustments?? I was thinking if we had like 15psi in each bag, it would keep the car off the tires but it would be like the bags weren't there because they both have the same pressure. Would that work? Thanks

There's 2 1/4" from top of tire to bottom of wheelwell molding. Another thing my dad noticed was that after he installed the control arms, the driver side tire sits further into the wheelwell than the other side. Is there a way to adjust side-to-side movement of the rearend thru the control arms? Thanks

2 1/4" is a lot if distance for the tires to hit and I don't think they would but better to be safe at this time;) If all else fails then do what Sinful6 suggested..

Adjusting the upper arms will move the rear side to side but you also must make sure not to induce too much preload when adjusting them. I would remove one arm at a time to verify that it is the exact same length as the stock arms. Set all 4 of them to the stock length then see how it sits. No short cuts when doing this. If the rear is still offset then the upper arms are used to move the rear side to side. Also make sure that the car is sitting on the ground with no jack stands when you start tightening the bolts.

Good Luck!
ks:confused: