Killed a WRX

87Octane

Not really much to share. It was a typical kill. He got me off the line but I got him on the top end. :D Walked the guy by at least 3 car lengths. :D

BTW, Long time. How are all of you fine gentlemen? I should hope that all of you as well as your vehicles are doing superb! :)

87Octane, as much as I enjoy your posts, the only way you could beat a WRX is if you had 60 sticks of TNT strapped to your rear bumper. Or have you installed a turbo and 200 shot of NNNAAAAWWWSSS:D

Originally posted by blackbuick87
87Octane, as much as I enjoy your posts, the only way you could beat a WRX is if you had 60 sticks of TNT strapped to your rear bumper. Or have you installed a turbo and 200 shot of NNNAAAAWWWSSS:D
I enjoy reading your replies as well. :) As far as my kill, I really have no clue as to what WRX's are supposed to run. :confused: However, i'm speculating that my kill was in direct relation to my header install last week. I must say that I am more than pleased with the added HP my headers have given me. Maybe I should change my plates to read WRX KLR. LOL! :D

A stock 5-speed WRX runs 14.4 @ 92 mph. Nobody seems to drive a stock WRX at its full potential so they run consistently in the high 14's at the tracks.

I can beat most stock WRX's with my Forester.

I have yet to beat a GN...

Originally posted by BlackBuick84
87Octane: A 19 sec 1/4 mile:confused: Are u serious?

holy crapola, my 7500 lb dodge dually runs faster down the track than that!!! :D

tell you what, if you want to race my tow vehicle sometime, ill hook up the car trailer to help even out the horsepower to weight ratio :eek:

:D :D

87 octane, didnt you run high 12's w/ just a header intake and exhaust when u first got on the board? "factory freak"?

oh you must have taken the header off for a JDM manafold. looks cleaner now eh?

Just from reading the sig. I'm guessing this is all just a sick attempt at sarcasm. (??) Anyway, Joe, what's done to your WRX? You on I-club? I have to get to the track soon. I put on a TXS stage 2 and it pulls like mad (for a 4 cyl :D )

Basically it has the modded airbox minus baffle, an in-box K&N, and the boost turned up to 16 psi....all else is stock! I've been told mine runs VERY good for the little it has done to it. Actually, it's my wife's car and she won't let me do an exhaust untill I get her another DD. My plans are a 3" DP and exhaust with 1 high flow CC and a Walker Ultra Flow muffler, larger turbo, and some suspension stuff.

Neat stuff. I'd be interested to know how much faster mine is, running basically the same boost, but with the exhaust and stage 2 map unichip. When it comes time for your exhaust, I hightly recommend the turboxs kit. Beautiful worksmanship...similer (but acutally less crude welding) to the quality of my ATR pieces for the GN. Plus, it's amusing having a 4" DP, an inch bigger than the TH DP on the big bad Buick! It's also kind of cool being able to leave the stock muffler on with that exhaust. Very stealty, and only like 5 hp loss.

Thanks for the info. I have a connection for ATR parts at cost, so I'll prolly end up buying that system just for the cost savings. Have you had your car to the track yet? If so, what kind of numbers did it make??