You can type here any text you want

Killed by Grandma's car!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

murphster

Well, I've finally got my first legit kill in my newest car, the 87 Regal. I just finished installing the alky kit earlier this week and my good friend Paul just installed some new boxed lower control arms the night before. I've just got this car running good after replacing a whole bunch of stuff. The car was finally in good stock running condition and ready for the alky kit...........

After running on 16 pounds of boost and pump gas for the past 9 months, it was nice to run 22lbs of boost or so with the alky kit. My newest car was meant to be a daily driver with a little extra kick. I've replaced various bushings, sensors, shocks, springs, cooling, rebuilt the trans with a restalled D5, power plate, new 30lb injectors and a boost controller with a stock turbo, among other things. It spools nicely. ;)

Anyway, I had to go in to work late tonight and decided to take the Buick. I have about a 45 minute drive to this place so its nice to cruise on the highway in a fun car. Nice and crisp weather outside today and the car is running great. No fun people to line up with on the highway on the trip there and on my way back, but I'm having fun still the same.

Its about midnight when I turn off the highway, I still have a fairly big six lane road for a few miles before I get close to home. There's a nice Denali SUV that was flying on the highway with me that took the same exit, so I decided to give it a little gas from the first red light just to remind him how slow his SUV really is, and the tires gave a nice loud chirp as I shifted into second. Well, apparently I peaked some interest with my little show because a new Mustang GT came from out of nowhere to pull up beside me just as the next light approached..........

There's a nice straightaway ahead and a little past an eighth mile ahead the left two lanes merge into a single lane. Always a great place to line up against someone and beat them to the merge, no matter what car you're in. This Mustang next to me is obviously ready to play. It looks silverish with blue stripes, from what I can tell. Sounds like he's got an exhaust kit too.

So as I'm sitting here waiting on the light and feeling my heart beat a little faster with anticipation, my cell phone rings. Its the wife, telling me something or another. I'm watching the other light turn yellow and consider spooling it up a little, but I don't really need to with RJC boost controller and the high stall D5. It will take only a few feet to hit the max boost. As the light turns green and my wife babbles away, the 'Stang get a nice jump of about a car length or so. Knowing its on, I roll into the throttle and then I hammer it a few feet out. Within 10 to 15 car lengths I'm already beside him and easing on ahead. I've got a good two car lengths on him by the time the merge happens and he has to fall in line. Don't get me wrong, this Mustang was no slouch, but I've spent a lot of time getting my car tuned for a day such as this. I'm sure I was up to 90-95 mph or so. I slow down to a little above the 55 mph speed limit and he proceeds to get into the right lane and does a slow pass by and goes on ahead in shame. He ends up turning off within a couple miles or so.

But get this!!! I was in my 87 Regal with an LC2 and this is what he saw dust him!!!!!!

87_Regal_sleeper.jpg

Complete with 14" steelies with wire hubcaps!!! My 87 Regal sleeper that you don't see coming! Poor Mustang guy didn't know what the heck just blew by him. He just got whipped by Grandma! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

My first legit sleeper kill!!!!! While this car has taken somewhat more effort than I thought it would to get up to par.... Its was all worth it! This was the day I've been waiting for since I got the car. :tongue:

You should be ashamed of yourself, embarrassing a pony car like that, in grandma's Sunday go to church car. ;)

Keep it up, maybe the momma's boys will learn one of these days!

Pat

That is is one bad mamma jamma!

The dead give away is the 3.8 sfi turbo emblem. Man if U lived around here I would give U my mint stock N/A hood to really keep the competition guessing. I would love to find the thread where the Mustang guy writes about what happened. :D . That is a great kill, and a great looking car. Nicely done.

Love it! That car is so much of a sleeper that it makes my sleeper car look like a GN! Bet the other driver has a story to tell. Bet it will surface on the 'net somewhere.

i really miss the rims dude... Nice to finally see the investment is paying off. I am glad it went to a great owner!!! I hated steelies on all my regals, even my 13 sec 307!!! lol... Did you sell the MBM rims? Great story dude. Gotta come pick me up and let me know what I missed out on!!!!

Congrats Murph!

John

No matter how many times I hear it, it's always great to hear about mustang kills! Very nice sleeper BTW, just needs the NA hood.

While the n/a hood would be cool. It would be even more of a sleeper if it was a butternut yellow, or sage green ... :biggrin:

The black color always seems to look a little meaner.

Still, nice kill...

yes, a regal in black always reminds people of the GN, and they think "fast." those wire hubcaps are great though!

i don't think people even look at my T long enough to see the badging it is so beat up and crappy looking... dented fender, chipping paint, all the bumper fillers cracked or missing, and the fact that i never wash it. it's kinda cool because only the people who know what they are will recognize it, and everybody else thinks it is just another old 80s pile. The turbo T is definately one of the greatest sleepers ever made.

I have a set of those wheels and wire hub caps that came off my 86 limited, but would be a little nervous running the car with those tires.

How does this Limited with the half vinyl top and opera lights look for a sleeper. Runs decent with the LC2 transplant

1%20daily%20burnout.jpg

I have a set of those wheels and wire hub caps that came off my 86 limited, but would be a little nervous running the car with those tires.

How does this Limited with the half vinyl top and opera lights look for a sleeper. Runs decent with the LC2 transplant

1%20daily%20burnout.jpg

:D he he he

i really miss the rims dude... Nice to finally see the investment is paying off. I am glad it went to a great owner!!! I hated steelies on all my regals, even my 13 sec 307!!! lol... Did you sell the MBM rims? Great story dude. Gotta come pick me up and let me know what I missed out on!!!!

Congrats Murph!

John

Are these the rims you are looking for?????

Attachments

• GN RIMS.JPG
    GN RIMS.JPG
    24 KB · Views: 284
they look better up close!!!!

lol

John

Attachments

• johns new GN 061.jpg
    johns new GN 061.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 269
by the way...that pic IS murphs car before he bought it!!! I sold it to him a year or so ago, and look what he did to it!!!!!!! lol... Lookin good no matter what... As long as there is an LC2 under the hood, I dont care what the car looks like!!!!

Good luck!!!

John

Back