You can type here any text you want

Kind of intake gasket to use???

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

griz_83ho

Ok, hoping this is the last post on here guys on issues with the motor. I know I have two different threads already about leaks on the intake, etc. question now is, when I cracked open the motor it was not running a vally pan gasket, it was running just gaskets up on the intake runners on the heads. I tracked down the current gaskets and they are for stage 1 or 2 motors only. I'm guessing because of the closed lifter vally. So i am reassembling tomorrow and wondering do I go back in with the lifter vally pan gasket or back in with what's on it? It is a factory 109 block so thinking I need to go in with the pan gasket to keep the oil down. What would u do?

It depends on the size of the intake ports. If the heads are stock, I would use the blue pan type gasket from FelPro. If the heads have been ported and have large intake ports that would let the pan type gasket hang into the port, use the FelPro 1200's. You can also use the 1200's and cut a pan type gasket to make a baffle that will fit between the heads under the intake. I saw a diagram of how to cut it somewhere. It may be on this site.

Heads have been ported and polished. The ports match perfect to the 1200 gaskets. So I will be going in with those. Any concern not using a vally pan?

Does the valley pan gasket allow the turbo oil to drain back to the engine on the hot air cars? Our oil return goes into the intake.

If you're running a stock 86~87 intake with no valley pan, you need to do some sort of shielding to keep the PCV from sucking like a Thai hooker.

Back