You can type here any text you want

Kirban 200A alternator

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Gnx6

I am doing a lot of work on the car and one of the things I put in was a Kirban 200A alternator. I can't run the car for more than about 5 seconds cause there is no coolant in it. I am concerned that the volt light flickers key on engine off as opposed to being on steady. Any thoughts?

Take the dash molding of around the instrument cluster off. undo the screws holding the cluster in place. Pull the instrument cluster out just a little, turn the light bulb housing out and clean the terminal connector of the housing. This should take care of any charging issues. That light should stay on until motor turns on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You check back of the alternator with a dvm? What kind of voltage is it pushing? Maybe the the regulator in alternator is junk.

14.5v when running but I can only run car for 10-15 seconds. Cooling system is open. Don't know how many amps it's pushing.

Volt light flashing
Volt light feed tested with test light (Light connected to battery)

Have the old alternator still? Do the same with it? If not obviously it's in the new alternator . But still thinking regulator not good.

Old alternator did not do this. I have never seen this before. I e-mailed Dennis already about it. Not sure if it is something different with high output alt? He was going to check with builder Monday. I know he will take care of it, not worried at all about that. Just not sure if this is normal on 200A alternator? I was hoping somebody with a Kirban 200A alternator would chime in.

I have the same alternator doing the same thing in a car

Do you have anything external connected to the car? Charger? Do you have any huge capacitors in the system? Did you check your grounds?

No chargers, no stereo with big caps and everything is connected properly.

Bison, Any issues with it?
I haven't come to any conclusion. I don't like it though. Definitely not normal

I have one with no issues. Send it back or call kirban

Do this:

DSC_0552.JPG

Bruce '87 Grand National

Sure did! It wouldn't give me a "brake", so I gave IT a "break!" May it rest in pieces......:rolleyes:

Bruce '87 Grand National

Back