Kirban upgraded steering shaft

I like it better than the jeep shaft it replaced. The jeep shaft has a bushing that went bad on mine and the shaft rotated slightly when I turned the wheel. I got my car aligned with the jeep shaft installed and had a crooked steering wheel after I installed the Kirban steering shaft. Mine was doing the same thing this one was doing:

I didn't really notice any difference switching out my stock 90k mile shaft. It clears better though and will probably be better in the long run, but don't look for Porsche steering feel over stock or anything.

I also replaced the Kirban recommended upper bushing and now the power steering pump whine transfers through the wheel. It never did this with the stock setup. Nothing major; not real annoying, just different from stock. Suspected as well since the upper bushing is much more solid than stock.

I also replaced the Kirban recommended upper bushing and now the power steering pump whine transfers through the wheel. It never did this with the stock setup. Nothing major; not real annoying, just different from stock. Suspected as well since the upper bushing is much more solid than stock.
Ok, I thought I was having power steering pump issues. Thanks for the heads up. Now I feel like I should've left the upper bushing alone even though mine was broken.

Ok, I thought I was having power steering pump issues. Thanks for the heads up. Now I feel like I should've left the upper bushing alone even though mine was broken.

I thought the same thing at first too! It's just a more solid bushing; probably why GM used the crappy one that they did.

I installed one with the new upper column bushing and it was like night and day. Probably because my stock rag joint and column seal were toast. You do have to modify the upper column shaft but it's not that hard to do.