Kirban's Headlight Wiring upgrade Kit?

Gary Wells

White turbo Buick trailer park trash
I can't find anywhere more appropriate to post this:
Is anybody running Kirban's Headlight Wiring Upgrade Kit?
I noticed that his price has virtually doubled (currently $ 119.95) as compared to about half that less than a year ago.
Has anybody tried it? Does it work? will it increase the power of the Sylvania Silver Stars that I am currently running?

Sorry, I see the Turbo15 discount code was only good thru the end of November.

David

its sorta like a fuel pump hot wire kit Gary. Yes it will allow more voltage to the headlights but not that its going to be like night and day. It will work but I believe that this is basically for if you are running aftermarket high wattage bulbs. So that you will not burn up your headlight switch with the extra draw that the high wattage bulbs draw

Steve:
I do not hear of anybody with '86-'87 Regals running high wattage bulbs. Are there reputable kits?
Can I buy them in a sealed beam configuration?

Steve??

:)

Yes there are aftermarket capsule type headlights where you can put any wattage bulb in the back you want foir our cars. Hella comes to mind as a quality one. There are other off brands that you can buy on Ebay too. I had a set of the Hellas in my 86 Monte SS years ago with 100 watt bulbs:)

Halogen Kit

I believe Kirban has a halogen kit that fits in place of your stock kit can try that.

Frank: Sorry, dude, I typed that about 3:30 this AM when half asleep and I thought aht your response was from Steve Wood for some reason. Too lazy to look, I guess.
Duff73: I couldn't find any kirban listing for a halogen kit?

halogen kit

It's in my catalogue at $199.95. When I get home from work I'll grab the product number and info. I was looking at it this morning after I had made the post. The bulbs come in clear white or blue tint and the system plugs directly to the car no wire cutting let me find info and I'll repost it.

My catalogue is only a year old hopefully it hasn't been discontinued.

product number

It was in Kirban's 2002 and 2003 catalogues, product number was #6773 for 199.95. You might want to give them a call and see if they still offer it. Hope that helps.

http://www.kirbanperformance.com/product/44103/H4+Headlights+Upgraded+Plug-and-Play+HARNESS+#7531.html

Is this the same kit they were talking back them?

I have bone stock 1987 turbo-t and i want to do h4 halogen conversion to it. I have already ordered headlights, but wiring is still mystery to me.

If i buy this kirban kit, is it just direct bolt-on stuff after that?

Regards,

Rick
Yes that is all you need, if you already have the housings and bulbs. It's a pretty straight forward install. I've had mine installed for a couple years now and I recently put some Sylvania silver star bulbs in, and they are bright...

Mike

Yes that is all you need, if you already have the housings and bulbs. It's a pretty straight forward install. I've had mine installed for a couple years now and I recently put some Sylvania silver star bulbs in, and they are bright...

Mike
Thanks for answer Mike!

I live in europe, so we have to use E-marked headlights(same as dot/sae-mark for you i think) here and all of E-marked lighthousigs are basically halogens.

I use these Philips X-treme Vision bulbs on my all cars because i'm don't really like xenons. Ballast is just more weight to the car lol.

http://www.powerbulbs.com/product/philips-xtreme-vision-130-h4-twin

Rick

kirban 2 cents worth and to set the record straight. The complete kit is part number #7530 and the price is $129.95 it has never been $199 that I remember. By complete kit I mean harness and 4 glass headlites with the replaceable style bulbs that the newer cars have. Plug and play wired to your battery I have it on my personal car last 3 years no issues heck we offer versions for ones back to the old single headlites and sell to national parts depot as well as Mikes Monte. the difference is day & nite its cmparable to the LED upgrade we make for the analog dash which is worlds better than the primitive system GM used in our cars.

When your old like me you wanna see the dash and you wanna see that deer that is crossing the road before your on top of him....

I am out of the one part but will have more next week...it is not a part from Caspers although we do buy other parts from Caspers this is not his unit nor am I familar with his.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Yes, I am sure we have readers of this forum that have our headlite system and our dash led system in their cars....they just have not stumbled on this thread yet...

I installed Kirban's kit and it made the headlights way brighter than stock. It feels like you're actually safely driving at night like any other modern halogen car. You can even replace the bulbs that come with them for higher output ones or even the LED conversion bulbs that are out there. I love it (haven't done the LED conversion but it'd looks sweet)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I installed Kirban's kit and it made the headlights way brighter than stock. It feels like you're actually safely driving at night like any other modern halogen car. You can even replace the bulbs that come with them for higher output ones or even the LED conversion bulbs that are out there. I love it (haven't done the LED conversion but it'd looks sweet)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cool to hear. I have pair of " sirius " clear lense lights already and ordered clear lense hella's from summit. I'll wait to next week to get my pay and then i'm going to order wiring kit from Kirban