Knock on the 1-2 and 2-3 !!!

SloNoMo

Doing some test and tune today in sunny Calif. ..and noticed I'm getting some knock on my shifts 1-2 and 2-3??? I didn't notice it until I checked the runs on T/link and it says 4.7 on 1-2 and 4.5 on 2-3....Wondering whats going on,,,anyone have any ideas. I know this isn't normal...

Thanks,
Mack:cool: ;)

First check for the obvious things associated with the problem. Loose TC bolts, motor mounts,DP hitting etc..... anything that takes wear and tear in the driveline under torque and could possibly be loose or broke. Do a good visual.

Knock retard on the shifts is the FIRST place you'll see it because that's where the "shock" load is the greatest. Perfectly normal actually, now you just have to get the boost down or the octane up to kill the knock.

Thanks Dave

Thanks Dave,

I thought a little transition knock was ok, just wanted to check and make sure.....I might need to turn the boost down a little, running this cheap 91 octane and a xylene mix.Might need to run a little less than 20psi of boost.

Later,
Mack
Originally posted by TurboDave
Knock retard on the shifts is the FIRST place you'll see it because that's where the "shock" load is the greatest. Perfectly normal actually, now you just have to get the boost down or the octane up to kill the knock.

Wasn't raining early this morn

Got up early this morning and wasn't raining,so I did a little testing. I guess you folks have all the rain up there.

Later,
Mack
Originally posted by LTNG KLLR
Hey its not sunny today at least not over here:p, hope you get your KR fixed

No it was just overcast like a bitch, the high was like 63 perfect weather for the car, to bad my turbo is blown :mad: