knock question

qwiketz

when you get knock, does it spike the reading of the o2's higher or lower? I'm currently seeing 02's in between 850-900 under wot in my Corvette. The only knock activity is when I punch it and it's 1.1* or less and quickly drops down to 0* after about 4,000 rpm. Am I on the right track? I have not got an a/f reading yet on the car.

I'm running a 50/50 mix of h20/meth. I don't run an intercooler or aftercooler other than the alky, so I"m using this system for both the octane and cooling effects.

If you stomp the throttle and see knock immediately that goes away.. its a tuning deal. Too much timing, too little fuel, or it can be false like timing chain, exhuast, motor mounts, etc..

Wanted to add.. having a system that fires(turns on) too late can also exhibit this condition. Plus using water/mix... its an uphill battle.

I'm seeing at most 1.1* of knock upon tip in. Is this that bad? usually it's in between 2000 and 3500.

I need to get a wideband...

1.1 degrees of spark retard on tip in is not much to be concerned about. Its the sustained, high retard at high load that kills you.