You can type here any text you want

Knock Sensor

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
I may have found a simple solution for a knock sensor. I bought a Knock Link G4 knock light and a Bosch knock sensor from Engine Logics in Houston. I mounted the knock sensor with a 5/16" bolt to the EGR block off plate on the back of the KB intake. The knock light is mounted on my tach opposite the shift light. The light turns blue with key on, then flashes blue when it adapts to the normal Comp 885 engine noise, then goes green. I tapped the knock sensor lightly with a screwdriver and it flashed red with each tap. Now to try it out tomorrow. I guess I will need to get some intentional light spark knock to make sure it works like it should. $235.00 for the Knock Link and $55.00 for the sensor and a weather pack connector, plus postage. You supply the 2 wires to the sensor. I ordered it Thursday afternoon and it arrived in the mail Monday. It will not work with a GM knock sensor. The turbo charged rice burners use this thing and seem to like it. Hope it ain't a POS.

I tried the Knock Link today and it seems to work ok. I got a few flashes under part throttle, but after retarding the spark it still did it, so I believe it is a lifter clattering once in a while. I got no detonation under full throttle with or without the nitrous. Seems like a good piece.

Back